Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S8 - No Charger in the box? Really?

(Topic created on: 04-06-2022 09:12 AM)
cyquin
Journeyman
Options

We use a number of Samsung Tablets in our house (S7+, A8 for the kids etc.), most recently I picked up a Galaxy Tab S8 for my wife

I was a little surprised (and disappointed) that for a premium tablet (Tab S8) it does not come with a charger. The box states rather helpfully in multiple languages, it is sold separately! Even the much lower end  Galaxy Tab A8 contained a charger in the box as did the Galaxy Tab S7+! For tablet with an RRP around £650-700 depending on specifications this feels like Samsung are cutting an unnecessary corner in their product. Why as a brand would you include a charger in a low end product or last years product, yet cut it from a higher end newer product?  Surely you expect your customers to need to charge their tablet, or would you rather they don't! If you accept customers are going to need to charge the product why would you not want a customer to use a Samsung charger that can give the best experience and appropriate fast charges for the product?

Strange choices from Samsung's product team here, and ultimately it lets product experience down.

20 REPLIES 20
Brian007
Navigator
Options
Wait till Apple users find out that all their chargers will need to change to USB- C 😂
cyquin
Journeyman
Options

I get the point but this isn't Samsung's argument & positioning... Especially as the safety documentation with the device makes a big point that you should only use a Samsung charger with the product etc. And of course they make this point as they wouldn't want any liability for people using poor quality unofficial chargers etc. 

0 Likes
cyquin
Journeyman
Options

I would be inclined to agree it is about increasing profits at the expense of the consumer experience. I struggle with the environmental argument. 

0 Likes
cyquin
Journeyman
Options

I agree with this comment, but Samsung caveat themselves that only official chargers should be used. Surely if you want to give consumers the best product experience you don't want them running our and buying inferior makes/fakes. If you accept that most people go down the non official charger route, it is hard to argue the benefit from not including a charger in the box other than profit margins?

0 Likes
cyquin
Journeyman
Options

Interesting, I hadn't seen this.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
They already have 😅
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
What? That's hilarious, the EU are behind the removal of chargers in the first place. Also the switch from TB to USB-C for Apple to make it possible for everyone to use existing chargers or ports from other tech.
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Correction it is Brazil NOT the EU
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
ukjamie
Pioneer
Options
The cable that comes with the S8 tab ultra doesn't support 45w charging either, I had to use an old charger AND cable to get that. I'd like to see Samsung justify that
tandrews1
First Poster
Options

I agree, give consumers the option to refuse the charger, when buying the products, for example, I bought the tab ultra and s22 ultra after not having a phone for 6 months, I have no charger and buying one has been a nightmare. Offer me the option to get at least one (or the double port one).

0 Likes