Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S8 - No Charger in the box? Really?

(Topic created on: 18-05-2022 06:16 PM)
cyquin
Journeyman
Options

We use a number of Samsung Tablets in our house (S7+, A8 for the kids etc.), most recently I picked up a Galaxy Tab S8 for my wife

I was a little surprised (and disappointed) that for a premium tablet (Tab S8) it does not come with a charger. The box states rather helpfully in multiple languages, it is sold separately! Even the much lower end  Galaxy Tab A8 contained a charger in the box as did the Galaxy Tab S7+! For tablet with an RRP around £650-700 depending on specifications this feels like Samsung are cutting an unnecessary corner in their product. Why as a brand would you include a charger in a low end product or last years product, yet cut it from a higher end newer product?  Surely you expect your customers to need to charge their tablet, or would you rather they don't! If you accept customers are going to need to charge the product why would you not want a customer to use a Samsung charger that can give the best experience and appropriate fast charges for the product?

Strange choices from Samsung's product team here, and ultimately it lets product experience down.

20 REPLIES 20
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sadly it seems chargers will dissappear from all the products eventually.
Think a lot buy third party chargers anyway, like wireless charging
But it's done for environmental reasons and you make use of your old charger.
This is unless you sell your phone and have to then buy another charger which comes in its own packaging and the fuel needed to ship it etc
Don't understand the thinking myself but just have to accept, that's the way it is now sadly
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I kind of do since I now have a large enough collection of chargers from all the devices I have bought since 2013, all of which can be used to charge a tablet or phone. They recommend only using Samsung chargers but I use a Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 charger by RAVPower with my Tab A7. My Tab came with a very slow charger, the RAVPower enables fast charging at a safe level so as not to overstress the battery through excessive power input.
Brian007
Navigator
Options
At the moment Samsung website are selling charges half price. Be quick though as they sell out fast.
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Hey man, you can get an original charger from damsung atm for around £14. There's a 50% off sale.

45w charger 44 reduce to 22
35 w dual charger is 13.50 reduce from 27
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Certainly there is a sustainability argument with many chargers lying around,though  commercial interest can also be a factor. However obviously a number of chargers still being shipped and associated fuel and  transportation with that.

Word from Brazil that Samsung along with Apple could be facing a lawsuit,following consumer protection laws ,see further details here https://www.gizchina.com/2022/05/18/following-apple-samsung-brazil-could-be-sued-for-not-including-c... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
MrJCharming
Helping Hand
Options
Lord, we wrote the same thing at the same time. Snappppp
N1NJATH3ORY
Voyager
Options
It's bull 💩 no charger or environment reason Samsung just copying Apple as Apple made over 300 million just in accessories in first quarter of 2022

I'm using my Note 10 + 5G charger to charge my Tab S8 Ultra it's 25watt sure I can't use super fast charge but I never ever use that if you got a 25watt charger it takes around 2 hours to charge up Tab S8 Ultra.
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Nonsense, most end up buying other inferior makes or fakes.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I saw the EU are looking at some case to sue OEMs who do not provide a charger and cable.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes