Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab A8 lag

(Topic created on: 15-07-2022 08:47 AM)
AlanB2506
Pioneer
Options
I have had a Tab A8 for the past 3 months and I am immensely disappointed in it. It's slow and the lag is unbelievable when opening an app where I get a white or blank screen for like 10-20 seconds before the app actually opens. Same issue with lockscreen if I use face unlock I get a lag until it opens to homescreen or last app. 

Anyone else getting the same or can offer some tips?
17 REPLIES 17
SonOfDiablo
Explorer
Options
The tab a8 isn't quite a powerful tablet. It is more casual, let s say like that.😅
I had one, got rid of it quickly. But you can try to remove animations, clean your Ram memory more often, put the apps you don't use often in deep sleep. 😉
0 Likes
AlanB2506
Pioneer
Options
I know it's no high spec model and I know it's no cheap rubbish either but I shouldn't be getting these issues. My son has a Tab A71 and doesn't get any of these issues.

Add to that, it still doesn't have the Androjd 12 update. Samsung are appalling for updates.
dct17
First Poster
Options
I agree with the problem of lag I changed from a Nexus which did not have the same issues, V disappointed like you
0 Likes
AlanB2506
Pioneer
Options
I changed from a Huawei tablet and regret it big time. I thought it was maybe just my device but if others are too its an issue with the tablet. It's unusable at times. As I said above my sons Tab A7 runs far superior to my Tab A8 and its an older device too.
0 Likes
Rachel Gomez
Journeyman
Options

Solutions

Just turn OFF the tab and again turn it ON. Check if the performance is restored
Simply clear the cache data which you haven’t cleared for a long time. Doing this can help a lot
Make sure the installed applications and the Operating System are fully updated to the latest available versions
In case you have changed the recommended settings of your device or for the apps, the same can affect the overall performance
One of the reasons to the performance-related common Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2019) problems is a faulty RAM in the device
Make sure the memory of your device is not completely filled. At least 2GB free space is to be there for smoother operations
The performance of any smartphone can get affected when you run it in the safe mode all the time. Check if this is the reason in your case as well
There are chances that the actual problem is with the RAM. Check the same
Make sure you are not running multiple features of your device all at the same time
A lot of users often confuse the slow operating internet to the slow performance of their device
Perform a hardware reset and this will probably fix the problem. Save your device data before you proceed

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

AlanB2506
Pioneer
Options
When I mentioned my sons Tab A7 above. Just looked and his Tab A7 has android 12 on it now. Unreal. How does that even happen??!! Samsung are brutal for updates.
0 Likes
sanni7
First Poster
Options
I have this tab since few weeks and its lagging now.. old Lenovo tablet never did that!
0 Likes
AlanB2506
Pioneer
Options
It's absolute garbage and not worth £249. I know it's no premium tablet but it shouldn't be experiencing this lag. I had a Huawei tablet before and never had this. Regret getting this piece of *****.
AlanB2506
Pioneer
Options
Also, I know people are kind to offer advice like safe mode but I shouldn't have to run my tablet in safe mode frequently because it lags like hell
0 Likes