Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Split keyboard on lock screen Samsung tab s8 ultra

(Topic created on: 19-09-2022 08:48 AM)
BlackShadow101
Journeyman
Options

20220918_223314.jpg20220918_220350.jpgHi community,  I have a Samsung ultra tab that has had the latest update android 12 UI  4.1.1.

The problem is upon reboot i always have split keyboard....... see pics..........is this normal?............... when in a normal app eg email is the normal standard keyboard........... but on reboot always reverts to split keyboard

Thanks any help would be great or advice

Jay

11 REPLIES 11
N1NJATH3ORY
Voyager
Options
Sounds like glitch in the matrix on a serious note report the bug via Samsung members app so on next update they can issue a fix!
0 Likes
lkm_2022
First Poster
Options

I don't see your picture but yes, the last update updated the keyboard in use. You have to go to your settings - General Management, Default Keyboard, a popup comes up, click the Settings wheel, Under Style and Layout you will see Mode, and there you have the options for which keyboards are used in Landscape and Portrait mode. I needed my Swype back.

0 Likes
BlackShadow101
Journeyman
Options

Hi,  Thanks for the info but its still an issue, see attachments. I have correct settings for  a standard keyboard. I have even reset my keyboard but its still the same! Does anyone else get this issue?. It only happens on reboot (switch on). In apps, documents works all OK........I don't know whats happened....Keyboard setupKeyboard setupSplit keyboard  only seen on reboot of deviceSplit keyboard only seen on reboot of device

BlackShadow101
Journeyman
Options

Went to Samsung support in the end, (response below) Hopefully on next update there will be a fix

Samsung UK Support 5ea0039e71d1f60c66dcd374
Sun, 18 Sep 2022 22:53:04 UTC
Thank you, Jason. Yes upon checking the latest update by our Samsung developers, the software update contains that the Split keyboard will only be seen on reboot of the device and there will be a follow-up update to fix this. We really do apologise for this inconvenience, Jason.

0 Likes
PSR26
First Poster
Options

The problem with split keyboard on rebooting still persists. It’s 5 months now and still no solution, it’s a bit irritating having to type in a split keyboard. Please fix this soon.

BlackShadow101
Journeyman
Options
You also have same problem on s7 plus tablet?
0 Likes
Trix123
First Poster
Options

Any update on this split screen issue at reboot?

BlackShadow101
Journeyman
Options
Hi, seems to be resolved on s8 ultra tablet, but have heard nothing on a s7 plus update to resolve issue......
0 Likes
Solution
DC27
First Poster
Options

This worked on my S7+ tablet

Settings - Apps

hit the "sort" for Your apps

hit Show system apps then OK

select Samsung Keyboard

hit Force stop then OK

select Storage

select Clear data then Delete

Restart tablet - my keyboard came up in standard format where it was split keyboard before