Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software issues

(Topic created on: 25-10-2020 10:20 PM)
rawands
First Poster
Options

My Samsung 5se worked great out the box, since we've had these updates its turned into a Huawei brick replica, sort it out soon please. 

Very disappointed, not with the tablet but with whatever software updates Samsung/Google have put on it.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @rawands, what issues are you experiencing with your tablet after the last software update? It may be something that can be resolved with some troubleshooting steps.

0 Likes
rawands
First Poster
Options
Hi, the screen freezes regularly, the typing gets delayed and the apps crash, mainly Google chrome.
0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Thanks for confirming this. Try these steps: Settings > Apps > Select Google Chrome and all apps you are experiencing issues with > Storage > Clear cache. Next, go to: Settings > Device Maintenance > Optimise Now. Also, do a Soft Reset of the tablet by holding the Volume Down as well as the Power buttons for 10 seconds. Try also closing apps running on the background that you are not using and delete any unwanted ones. 

0 Likes
rawands
First Poster
Options
Hi,thanks for trying to help but none of those things have made any difference.
All my issues started with the updates, its also affected phones with several people i know.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Please run the phone in Safe Mode to see if a third-party app may be causing the issue. You can do this by following these steps:

Turn off your Tab> Power on your device normally> As soon as you see the Samsung logo, hold the volume down key> Keep hold of the volume down key until you’re onto the home screen> Safe mode will be indicated in the bottom left corner in a small black bar.

If this is not happening whilst the Tab is running on Safe Mode, we would recommend deleting your third party apps one by one and monitoring your Tab to find which one is causing the issue.

0 Likes