Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings app search broken on Tab A8

(Topic created on: 20-09-2022 02:46 PM)
morsify
Student
Options

I saw a post that the same search function is also broken on the Tab S7 FE Wifi edition.

I have just purchased a Galaxy Tab A8 and this search function is not working - any time I click on the magnifying glass in the settings menu, I just get the spinning timer icon, no matter what I type, and no results ever show up.

Has anyone ever fixed this, either on the A8 or S7?

(and do any devs ever read these pages to learn of issues?)

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Tap the support icon at the bottom of the Members app and then error reports, the Devs don't read here unfortunately. That search appears to work okay still on my Tab A7. Have you applied system updates recently that may have caused this? The last update mine had was in April 2022 (March patches) but I do have May Google Play System update on it.
morsify
Student
Options

Thanks I'll do that. I'm not sure about the updates. It's a new machine, so there were definitely a few updates during the first day, including at least one system update I think. Anyway I'll try submitting a report thanks.

0 Likes
Sahad1995
First Poster
Options

I am Sahad i have bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8. I am also facing the same issue .whenever i am searching for the settings the results wont show up. Can anyone help me to fix this bug.

0 Likes
John170
First Poster
Options

Hi I am John.

I am using Samsung A8. My search function was working fine until recently like 4 days ago that it's not not giving any results. Especially searching from my cloud (one drive ) storage.

0 Likes