Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second screen doesn't work on Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G

(Topic created on: 03-01-2023 06:04 PM)
Tom Placer
Journeyman
Options

My Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G, bought in March, upgraded to to last firmware Andorid OS build...everything.

I've tried the second screen function from two different PC's with windows 11 (both upgraded to the latest version of Windows, I mean all SP-s are installed (the last is Cumulative May 2022 upgrade for Windows 11)).

I've tried the functionality on 2 different WiFi Networks which are set on 2 different routers. Both, the Tablet and the PC's were on the same WiFi network. 

Both the PC have installed Samsung Second Screen SW from Microsoft Store (but I've tried also native functionality (within Windows)).

The results are exactly and every time the same: The tables goes black screen for a second or two, and then the home screen reappears. Like If the connection is established but when the picture from the PC has to be displayed, the tablet closes the connection. And even on the PC I have to reinitiate the procedure of connection with CTRL-K (Win native) or with the Samsung APP.

Can somebody give me an advice to solve the problem or Samsung has to overcome this issue?

I've bought this tablet beside all to use it as a secondary screen when I go to work at the offices of my customers.

Any answer would be highly appreciated. If it comes from Samsung directly even more.

Thank You in advance for the answer(s).

66 REPLIES 66
mafei
Apprentice
Options

I tried everything on this thread. Nothing works. But could it be on my laptop's processor?  Second screen is working on all the i7 laptops of my officemates.. But when i tried it on i5 laptop, it's not working. 

0 Likes
mafei
Apprentice
Options

I tried everything on this thread. Nothing works. But could it be on my laptop's processor?  Second screen is working on all the i7 laptops of my officemates.. But when i tried it on i5 laptop, it's not working. 

0 Likes
JP Montoya
First Poster
Options

Man, THANK YOU for taking the time to explain your finding for this issue. It definetly worked. I thought it was an issue with my work computer having VPN, or a firewall or something but no, it was just the driver incompatibility. After updating this as you said with Microsoft version and restarting it works like a charm.

Thanks!

0 Likes
hubertlam
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem yesterday with my Lenovo ThinkPad P16s Gen 1 (Intel AX211). The driver that Lenovo supplied didn't allow for the 2560x1600 resolution. Attempts to use the Intel AX210 (Microsoft) driver failed.

Going to Intel and installing their latest driver here: https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/products/sku/204837/intel-wifi-6e-ax211-gig/downloads.htm...

...has worked a charm. I can now use the Second Screen feature back in full 1600p.

mafei
Apprentice
Options

@hubertlam thanks for this!!!!! Second Screen is now working on my laptop. 

Michał123456
First Poster
Options

Hi Tom!

I had the very same problem as you. It turned out my firewall was blocking the second screen feature, so try turning off your firewall for a moment and see if this helps. If it is better, you will need to tweak your firewall settings to have it allow the connection between your PC and tablet to get through or disable your firewall completely and find another firewall app that does not cause this kind of problems.

0 Likes
onax
First Poster
Options

Thanks @DK65 ,

I had almost given up hope on this. Just came across this forum, having tried much of everything mentioned here, except your proposed solution.

I disabled my Avast antivirus, and it worked perfectly on my Tab S7.

Thanks plenty.

0 Likes
Tumppi
Explorer
Options

I have different problem with Samsung tab S7 fe and Samsung S20 fe, when i try to wirelessly stream dex from Samsung S20 fe to the Samsung S7 fe using Second screen app from Samsung tab S7 fe, the phone can see Samsung S7 fe and when i try to connect from phone it fail to connect both are running android 13, when phone was running android 13 and tablet is running android 12 that feature worked flowlessly, maybe i wait for next software update to fix this problem.

0 Likes
kvd51
First Poster
Options

Hi All, 

I hope this helps someone, in my case my Wifi Adapter on my Windows 11 PC was set to only use 5GHz 80.2.11a wireless mode.  Once I changed it to Dual Band 802.11a/b/g the second screen functionality worked with or without the Samsung Second Screen app.  

See screenshot of settings I changed below.

kvd51_0-1672769030077.png

Members_bb1pZ6R
First Poster
Options

thanks, hubertlam, this made id work for me. Nothing else did.

0 Likes