Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second screen doesn't work on Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G

(Topic created on: 06-09-2022 07:05 AM)
Tom Placer
Journeyman
Options

My Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G, bought in March, upgraded to to last firmware Andorid OS build...everything.

I've tried the second screen function from two different PC's with windows 11 (both upgraded to the latest version of Windows, I mean all SP-s are installed (the last is Cumulative May 2022 upgrade for Windows 11)).

I've tried the functionality on 2 different WiFi Networks which are set on 2 different routers. Both, the Tablet and the PC's were on the same WiFi network. 

Both the PC have installed Samsung Second Screen SW from Microsoft Store (but I've tried also native functionality (within Windows)).

The results are exactly and every time the same: The tables goes black screen for a second or two, and then the home screen reappears. Like If the connection is established but when the picture from the PC has to be displayed, the tablet closes the connection. And even on the PC I have to reinitiate the procedure of connection with CTRL-K (Win native) or with the Samsung APP.

Can somebody give me an advice to solve the problem or Samsung has to overcome this issue?

I've bought this tablet beside all to use it as a secondary screen when I go to work at the offices of my customers.

Any answer would be highly appreciated. If it comes from Samsung directly even more.

Thank You in advance for the answer(s).

66 REPLIES 66
Droidator
First Poster
Options

Hello, I don't possess yet a tablet, however it may be a pretty simple fix (or not)
As said in the comments upward, try first to totally disable your antivirus, if you do not know how to do it, search on the internet depending on the one you use, if you still don't know how, I may help you too

NB: I say "may" because I do not gurantee I have the answer to your problem :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Kelvin
First Poster
Options

Highly likely your laptop is a company laptop that have security in place to stop it 

Spartaner
Apprentice
Options

Yes, you are right. 

0 Likes
mcksth
First Poster
Options

This didn't work for me, but it got me on the right track. My Firewall was blocking "Wireless Portable Devices." I approved the permissions, and now it works just like before. 

Control Panel > System Security > Windows Defender FIrewall > Allowed Apps 

Enable "Wireless Portable Devices" on either Private, Public, or both. 

mcksth_0-1662444326718.png

Spartaner
Apprentice
Options

Worth a try !

Thanks.

i enable this and try it this evening

and respond soon after...

0 Likes
Kashish72
First Poster
Options

Is there a way to restart second screen application on the samsung galaxy s8 ultra. I am pretty sure there are no issues with the MS application. If we can force restart the app, it should fix issues for a lot of people here.

0 Likes
Kashish72
First Poster
Options

Is there a way to restart second screen application on the samsung galaxy s8 ultra. I am pretty sure there are no issues with the MS application. If we can force restart the app, it should fix issues for a lot of people here.Is there a way to restart second screen application on the samsung galaxy s8 ultra. I am pretty sure there are no issues with the MS application. If we can force restart the app, it should fix issues for a lot of people here.

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Swipe from the top of the Tab S8 Ultra screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel, and select Second Screen from the available options > Choose your preferred connection mode, then leave this page open, as it needs to open to complete the connection > On your PC, press the Windows key and K

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
Members_XfjqW6U
First Poster
Options

Hi Samsung Service Team,

I have the same issue with my Samsun Tab S7. I cannot even find the feature anymore since the last Androids update.
Did you take out this feature for good or are you working or bringing it back ?

BR,
Stefany

0 Likes
BBat
First Poster
Options

Same problem!!! Tried all solutions, no success. Disappointed