Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second screen doesn't work on Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G

(Topic created on: 03-06-2022 11:08 AM)
Tom Placer
Journeyman
Options

My Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 5G, bought in March, upgraded to to last firmware Andorid OS build...everything.

I've tried the second screen function from two different PC's with windows 11 (both upgraded to the latest version of Windows, I mean all SP-s are installed (the last is Cumulative May 2022 upgrade for Windows 11)).

I've tried the functionality on 2 different WiFi Networks which are set on 2 different routers. Both, the Tablet and the PC's were on the same WiFi network. 

Both the PC have installed Samsung Second Screen SW from Microsoft Store (but I've tried also native functionality (within Windows)).

The results are exactly and every time the same: The tables goes black screen for a second or two, and then the home screen reappears. Like If the connection is established but when the picture from the PC has to be displayed, the tablet closes the connection. And even on the PC I have to reinitiate the procedure of connection with CTRL-K (Win native) or with the Samsung APP.

Can somebody give me an advice to solve the problem or Samsung has to overcome this issue?

I've bought this tablet beside all to use it as a secondary screen when I go to work at the offices of my customers.

Any answer would be highly appreciated. If it comes from Samsung directly even more.

Thank You in advance for the answer(s).

63 REPLIES 63
AndrewL
Options

@Tom Placer: I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble using the Second Screen feature on your Tab S8 Ultra. I appreciate that you may have attempted these steps already, but please can you confirm if you have done the following: 

Swipe from the top of the Tab S8 Ultra screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel, and select Second Screen from the available options > Choose your preferred connection mode, then leave this page open, as it needs to open to complete the connection > On your PC, press the Windows key and K simultaneously > Select your tablet from the list of available devices. 

If you're still unable to establish a connection, try uninstalling the Second Screen app from your PC. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Members_4NTrD8k
Student
Options

Hello,
I Have the exact same problem described by @Tom Placer 
Here is my windows config : 

Members_4NTrD8k_0-1654245072635.png

I tried uninstalling the Second Screen app as @AndrewL  suggested, but still got the black screen on the tablet when trying to connect.

Thanks in advance.

Tom Placer
Journeyman
Options

Thank You Andrew! 

Yes, the procedure I use to connect is exactly the same You have mentioned in your response:

"Swipe from the top of the Tab S8 Ultra screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel, and select Second Screen from the available options > Choose your preferred connection mode, then leave this page open, as it needs to open to complete the connection > On your PC, press the Windows key and K simultaneously > Select your tablet from the list of available devices. "

The reinstall of the Samsung APP on the PC doesn't work.

Uninstalling the Samsung's app on the PC an using the native functionality doesn't do the job. I can send You a video what is happening I you want.

Thank You in advance for the answer.

Sincerly, tom

Tom Placer
Journeyman
Options

My  Winver says:

TomPlacer_0-1654250717404.png

It's a windows 11 Pro:

TomPlacer_1-1654250842231.png

And the PC is : 

TomPlacer_2-1654250890131.png

The other notebook is an ASUS with the same Windows OS:

TomPlacer_6-1654253210747.png

TomPlacer_7-1654253242114.png

0 Likes
Members_4NTrD8k
Student
Options

Hello @Tom Placer ,

After some digging in my windows config, here is what worked for me.
1- Go to Device manager > Network adapters
   Select wireless adapter
   Update driver
1.png
2- From the next popup select Browse  my computer for drivers
2.png
3- Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers
3.png
4- Select the driver from Microsoft
4.png
5- Click Next
6- After the install is complete restart your PC

Hope it Helps.

Peace.
DK65
Student
Options

Hello @AndrewL 

I have the exact same problem as described above by @Tom Placer  and @Members_4NTrD8k.  I have followed all the fix instructions provided and still no joy.  I was wondering if anyone else fixed theirs and if so, how?

Any advice greatly appreciated - I have spent hours trying to get this second screen working.

Cheers

Don

Adarwich
Student
Options

Hi i'm haveing the same problem as everyone Else, i have tried everything, but it won't work.

Please help

ducs4rs
Student
Options

Somewhat unrelated, can second screen work over a wired connection? In my office I connect my S8 Ultra via a USB-C dongle that has a 1G ethernet adapter which works. But I can get Second Screen to work.

Duckland
First Poster
Options

Same issue , tried 2 laptops with windows 10 ( work & personal) ... tab goes black for a few seconds and then bombs back to the Home screen ... not happy