Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

second hand tablet, how can I check that it won't be locked

(Topic created on: 29-06-2022 11:15 AM)
Members_PXmRPvw
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am writing because I want to buy a second hand tablet via eBay but I saw that Samsung can lock a tablet permanently if the first buyer does not pay all the monthly payments (can someone confirm?)

Is there a way for me to verify before I buy that the tablet is cleared and won't be locked after a month? In particular if the seller does not have the original purchase receipt.

Some of the sellers for example told me that they didn't have a receipt because purchased via Samsung.com

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
No there isn't a way to do that unfortunately. Best advice is not to risk it and save longer for a new one of your own
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
If purchased from Samsung.com, they do give the buyer an email receipt. So if they say they haven't got it then I wouldn't trust them. So wouldn't buy anything off them.
0 Likes
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
try buying via a good second hand webshop ( I use computer exchange, cex) at least you have somewhere to go to if the tablet is blocked, or probably they know how to check it out)
0 Likes
Anon28456
First Poster
Options

I have just been scammed in this exact way. I wish I knew this was possible before buying from eBay. It is surely completely possible for samsung to put a permanent notification on all devices that haven't yet been fully paid for, making them instantly identifiable. But instead they wait until they are going to lock the device before letting the user know. It's like they want this to happen...

Hope you made a more sensible decision in the end...

0 Likes