Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung tablet

(Topic created on: 17-02-2023 01:25 PM)
jakfrost2010
First Poster
Options
So I've factory reset my tablet to bypass passcode on it but now is asking for google certify passcode now or account used on device ?? Its 2nd hand so don't know any of it is there anyway of bypassing it at all or am I totally buggered now ????
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @jakfrost2010 ,

When performing a Factory Data Reset, all settings are returned to the factory default settings and all personal data is erased, including files and downloaded apps. If the Google FRP is enabled, you will need to enter your Google account credentials before you can do a factory reset on the device.

Factory Reset Protection (FRP), is a security feature on Android devices with Android OS Version 5.1 (Lollipop) and higher. The FRP provides a built-in security feature you are able to use that protects your device and information, including screen locks and data encryptions. The FRP is enabled automatically when a Google account has been registered on the device and will be disabled if the Google account is removed from the device prior to the Factory Data Reset. Once the FRP has been activated, it will prevent use of your device after a Factory Data Reset in an untrusted environment. This means if your device has been Factory Reset in any other way than Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory Data Reset, the FRP Lock will be enabled.

Do you have a proof of purchase? If so, you can take this along with the Tablet to one of our Support Centres to get this removed. Find your nearest one from here: Samsung Experience Store - Find your nearest store location | Samsung UK

If you are based in the UK and you are not able to locate one, you can arrange a repair from here: Book Your Repair with an Authorised Service Centre | Samsung UK

For other countries please select your location on the following link and head to the Support page to find how to do this: SAMSUNG | Samsung UK

0 Likes
jakfrost2010
First Poster
Options
No I don't have proof of purchase and I've recently been thru process of selling item to CEX and it was them who said I need to contact Samsung to resolve situation so I did thru techinally surport and wasn't very much help tbh so I'm stuck in limbo with it all
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I see! have you tried to get in contact with the seller/retailer to provide you with a copy of this? This is part of our repair process and it's needed to confirm that the device belongs to you.

0 Likes