Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy tab s9 fe (WiFI only), GPS not working

(Topic created on: 26-10-2023 04:16 PM)
Olegdidi
Student
Options

Tell me, does anyone have GPS working in this model? My location is determined only when the Internet is on. Through the GPS TEST application, it does not see satellites at all, even on the street in the open air. The official service confirms that this model has GPS.
Samsung galaxy tab s9 fe (WiFI only)

24 REPLIES 24
powerbook
Journeyman
Options

Did you update your PC Smart switch to latest version? Or uninstall & reinstall PC Smart switch? I used Mac Smart switch.

You could also try this trick I found on Reddit.

1. type regedit in your task bar and open it,

2. go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAMSUNG\Smart Switch PC,

3. double click on LocalVer so it brings up the edit box,

4. I then found the version on my phone which at current time is 3.7.50.1

5. I put in the LocalVer edit box 3.7.50_1 (so that it matched the format on my pc)

6. I then opened up Smart Switch and it said a newer version is available do you want to update, I clicked yes, it updated and then started working.

0 Likes
Juerg_B
Student
Options

You saved my day. To make it short - your tip fixed the problem.

I did deinstall - and reinstall PC Smartswitch last night already on my own. It then was happy with the 2 Smart Switch versions and I was able to start the update. It was progressing quite well but got then stuck at 100% in the verification process of the downloaded data. After 2 hours I shutdown PC and tablet and went to sleep (Switzerland). This Morning I started the process again and it started the verification process again. This time it continued and installed the update on the tablet. It still isn't as sensitive in the house as the Smartphone but it shows now GPS Fix every second and if I go outside I have not ample satellites detected. Thank you all for your inputs

0 Likes
Bruce ou
First Poster
Options

Me too, I also have the same problem with s9fe (WIFI only model).

I just bought it on 29th Nov.

Gps locating function must be very basic in tablets, it's really unbelievable bug.

hope to get solution soon.

0 Likes
Bruce ou
First Poster
Options

Hello Mate,have you got any update from Samsung?

0 Likes
powerbook
Journeyman
Options

GPS performance on S9 FE is on par with A54 5G phone (same exynos 1380 chips) but inferior to S23 ultra (Snapdragon 8 gen 2)

0 Likes