Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIN Code not accepted on my beand new Galaxy Tab S7 FE

(Topic created on: 16-11-2021 01:10 PM)
djc290761
Explorer
Options

Just yesterday I received my brand new Galaxy Tab S7 FE and started setting it up.

I followed instructions and all seemed OK at first. I made a written note of all data entered, including emails, PINs and passwords.

After completing the initial setup I switched off the tablet and then back on again and, when requested, I carefully entered the PIN I had used when setting up the tablet - only to be told that the PIN was incorrect.

I retried many times, waiting around 30 seconds for each attempt but still no joy. So I was then left with a tablet that could not be started nor could it be turned off - interesting but also frustrating.

I then searched the internet to find that this is a fairly common occurrence with Samsung devices.

I also found that the solution is to this problem involves two steps.

The first is to hold down the power/volume-down to restart the tablet off - this was successful.

The second was to hold down the power/volume-up to restart the device in a mode allowing the device to be reset - this was unsuccessful (about 20 times).

I called into our local mobile device repair shop to ask advice. He told me that, after the recent Android update, holding down the power/volume-up no longer opens up the hard reset page. All that happens is the device opens normally - so back to page 1!!!!

Any ideas on how to proceed - other than returning the device to the suppliers?

6 REPLIES 6
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Take it to a phone repair shop near you and they can easily reset this device 😎. Hope this helps! 🙂
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

Unable to unlock Galaxy phone or tablet's screen

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001570/
0 Likes
djc290761
Explorer
Options

I did just that this morning but they told me that recent updates to Android made it impossible to access the hard reset screen

djc290761
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your reply. This only works once this function has been activated. As I have never been able to open my device I have noy yet had chance to activate it.

0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I was expecting them to use software to crack the PIN. That's strange 🤔...
0 Likes
djc290761
Explorer
Options

A local repair shop was able to reset the device using a PC but this was registered on the device as an unofficial reset.

I am sending the tablet back as unfit for purpose. I cannot use a brand new device which, once or twice a week, decides to forget my PIN and make me pay £20 to get it unlocked.

I am a very long term customer of Samsung but my next tablet will definitely NOT be Samsung and probably not be Android.