Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Ui 3.1 dark mode is grey?

(Topic created on: 19-02-2021 07:45 PM)
Sandros94
Apprentice
Options

So just got the Android 11 with One Ui 3.1 update on my Tab S7+ 8GB 256GB,  and now the app drawer has a grey defocus background instead of a dark black, even the notifications are grey instead of almost black. Is is configurable? I'm surprised almost none noticed it since the One Ui 3.0 last summer, even more the always present clock in the notification bar, now what's the point of having a samsung smartwatch?

I'm pissed because it feels cheap compared to before, with this half dark half light theme. Do I really have to root this device to be able to change it?

EDIT: now that I was looking at previous screenshots that I had the clock was actually there too, idk why I remember it not being there nor bothering me so much like it does now...

10 REPLIES 10
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yes you would unfortunately, personally I really like it but I can see why others wouldn't
0 Likes
Sandros94
Apprentice
Options

Actually, is there a way to roll back the device to a previous update? At least this way I can keep my device unrooted.

Sandros94
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, I mean, it's not bad, but I really liked the previous look.

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yea I know what you mean, and no there's not a simple way to roll back or certainly not that I know off anyway
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Does the tab series support Samsung good lock? alternatively you could use nice lock and try to use the Theme Park module to create. a custom theme with a true black background
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
I really liked the old app drawer background, too. but i can live with this one. it's a shame it's not customisable in OneTheme.
0 Likes
killthedrawerupdate
First Poster
Options

I HATE YOU, SAMSUNG.

YOUR SELFISH UPDATE RUINED MY OCD LIFE

Humpty
Journeyman
Options

The only reason I can think Samsung did this can only be because of a color clash with something else.

That's a shame, it actually looks more polished as pure black. The color they used is too light and does not match the settings. It just looks sickly.

You can get back a pure black by installing another launcher. e.g lawnchair, There are many to choose from.

Lucretia Victoria
Apprentice
Options

Mine too!  I just want to tell Samsung... Blah.  You made everything gray om gray, or gray on white.  Since that Jan 1st update, my eyes have been blurring. 

0 Likes