Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On/off button

(Topic created on: 11-04-2021 10:48 AM)
Vagrantuk
Journeyman
Options
Hello. I have a tab s4 which has on its own volition decided that I can't long press the on/off button to turn off. Instead I get Bixby telling me I need Internet turning on, and it won't let me shut the tablet off. It will however let me voice command it to turn the tablet off, when I have the Internet.
Please can you help me to sort it out? 
I have done a factory reset and it's still the same. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Try holding down volume down and power to get the power menu? Has the tablet recently been updated?
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
On my Tab S7 I can also access the power menu by swiping the notification panel all the way down.
0 Likes
Vagrantuk
Journeyman
Options
I've tried that, but it won't stay off. Just reboots. Yes, it's completely up to date. Thanks for your reply. It's appreciated.
0 Likes
Vagrantuk
Journeyman
Options
I think that is a work around. I didn't know that it existed. Thanks again. I'm trying it now.
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Do you not get a power menu when holding down volume down and power button like this? I also get an option to edit what my side buttons do.

Screenshot_20210411-110142_Samsung Internet_3939.jpg

Screenshot_20210411-110157_Settings_3940.jpg

0 Likes
Vagrantuk
Journeyman
Options
No. When I hold down the power button and volume down button, it closes down and then boots back up. No on screen buttons as would normally be the case.
The off button in the drop down menu works. Thanks for that. I can live with that until a fix comes out..
0 Likes
Vagrantuk
Journeyman
Options
I finally sorted it. Your help was invaluable. It got my thoughts going in another direction. All is back to normal now. Thanks yet again.