Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy tab won't turn on

(Topic created on: 24-07-2023 02:23 PM)
Angel-Eyes
Explorer
Options
Hi can anyone help with my galaxy A8 Tablet please. The screens black and won't turn on. Tried a few chargers and different sockets but still not working? First time I connected charger it said charging 14% then screen went black, there's no charging symbol now either. I'm not technical at all so I'm hoping someone can give me an easy way to sort this out. Thankyou 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi @Angel-Eyes Assuming chargers are compatible ensure there is no debris in charging port. However you may well need to do further troubleshooting. Firstly press the volume down and power button simultaneously for around 10-20 seconds and see if your Device restarts (soft Reset) Alternatively plug into a computer (or plug into USB-c Headphones) and hold the Volume up and power keys at the same time until the samsung logo appears. it should then Boot into Recovery Mode and first option should be to Reboot system now. if that does not work there is the option to Factory Reset but all Data will be wiped.
However if no solution it may need a repair and you would need to contact Samsung Support for assistance. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/product-help/mobile-devices/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Angel-Eyes
Explorer
Options
Thankyou so much for your advice. I held both the power button and volume buttons down together. After 20 seconds I was just about to give up when the screen came on. I pressed the restart button and it all came back on again. Although it took around 15 seconds to restart. Luckily it's been fine since 🤞 And yes it a genuine Samsung charger and cable, I only bought it 4wks ago. Thanks again for explaining it to me like the novice I am with technology
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Glad it appears to be sorted now 👍

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes