Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab S7 - does it support wired keyboard via USB OTG connection?

(Topic created on: 14-11-2021 01:58 PM)
MikeCW
Apprentice
Options

I've tried connecting an external keyboard, which I've used successfully via an OTG adapter on my old Tab S2, to my Tab S7 adding a micro-usb to Usb-c adapter, but the keyboard does not seem to be detected. Does the Tab S7 support wired keyboards connected via an OTG adapter - just wondering if I just need to get a direct USB to usb-c otg adapter)?

Any guidance would be gratefully received. Thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

How to Get More Out of Your Galaxy S7 and S7 edge’s USB Connector

https://news.samsung.com/in/how-to-get-more-out-of-your-galaxy-s7-and-s7-edges-usb-connector
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@MikeCW Hello, do you have the option Show keyboard on screen activated? It is located in General Administration / Physical keyboard.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
MikeCW
Apprentice
Options

Hi - I've tried with that option both activated and deactivated - the "Physical keyboard" status persists as 'not connected'.

0 Likes
MikeCW
Apprentice
Options

Hi- thanks for the thought, it jogged my memory that I had an OTG  USB-A to USB-c connector that came with my S9 phone - I tried that on the S7 tablet an it worked - it seems the combination of the USB-A to micro-usb connector I had previously used with a Tab S2, and a micro-usb to usb-c adaptor is not the equivalent I thought it would be!

0 Likes
Solution
MikeCW
Apprentice
Options

Update:  @xSteveuk jogged my memory that I had an OTG  USB-A to USB-c connector that came with my S9 phone - I tried that on the S7 tablet and it worked - it seems the combination of the USB-A to micro-usb connector (I had previously used with a Tab S2) paired with a micro-usb to usb-c adaptor is not the equivalent I thought it would be!