Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S7+ Book Cover Keyboard Google Docs issue

(Topic created on: 14-11-2021 10:55 AM)
DMN562
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have just purchased a Tab S7+ with the book cover keyboard here in Spain so the keyboard obviously has the spanish keyboard layout. In order to type symbols like € and ? you need to use the AltGR key on the right hand side at the bottom but for some reason this does not work in Google Docs when using the Samsung Keyboard. If I use Swiftkey for the physical keyboard however, it works as expected. Although I'm happy to use Swiftkey to get around this problem, I can only use Swiftkey in tablet mode, as in Dex I can only use the Samsung Keyboard app which means I can't type properly in Google Docs, which is one of the main reasons I bought this tablet.

The strange thing is that the Alt GR key works in all other apps, including the other G-suite apps like Google Slides and Gmail, just not Google Docs. So, I'm not sure whether this is a Samsung issue or a Google issue but I'm hoping someone can help. I should add that I have tried changing all the region settings and keyboard layouts and a factory reset and the problem remains.

10 REPLIES 10
Enir Ferraz
Student
Options

Did you solve this issue? I have the same issue here.

Helenaaaa
Apprentice
Options

could you find a solution yet? its super annoying 

Members_1zVg0jD
Student
Options

It is not only annoying it makes the Tab useless for any business purpose. And the problem is still not solved in May 2022 and Tab S8 Generation.

Is someone from Samsung in this community?

Mikkkk
First Poster
Options

Can someone help solving this annoyng issue?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 + Book Cover Keyboard. Working fine with other apps, but missing several keys when using Google Docs. 

Thank you for any guidance.

0 Likes
Helenaaaa
Apprentice
Options

bought a logitech bluetooth keyboard and tried docs with it. Doesnt work either. Seems to be a google problem and not a samsung one for once

0 Likes
StarPact7
Student
Options
I've had mine since 2019, and it's been an on-and-off issue. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't change a thing, and sometimes it flips mid-writing session.
It really throws off my groove, and as someone with ASD/ADD, that makes it all the worse.
F Google, F Samsung. It ain't that hard to make it work, now is it?
0 Likes
Options

Its 2024 and not yet resolved. 

0 Likes
DMN562
Apprentice
Options
I got rid of it and bought a 360 laptop with a 90hz oled touchscreen display for the same price I bought the tablet. Much better
0 Likes
Options

Im really thinking about that, i got a Tab S9 Ultra thinking could at least work on Google Docs, but i was wrong, isnt possible insert symbols on google docs, isnt possible select with a mouse on microsoft Word, doesnt make sense call it a tablet, its just a big screen.  

0 Likes