Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S4 screen issue after Android 10 update

(Topic created on: 23-08-2020 06:15 PM)
M10
Apprentice
Options

After I updated my Galaxy Tab S4 to Android 10 with One UI 2, the screen became like the picture attached. Please help me with this issue20200630_172532.jpg

60 REPLIES 60
Josh21
First Poster
Options
I'm having the exact same problem. I've even tried restarting it and it's still flickering. I really hope that this is fixed soon.
0 Likes
tbhimdi
First Poster
Options

I just received the July 1st security patch this morning, does anybody know if that fixes the issue? The changelog was pretty vague. I guess I can wait a couple days to see if the flickering pops up.

0 Likes
MehlGibsin
First Poster
Options

Same problem here too. I'm rather disappointed, that SAMSUNG still hasn't fixed the issue which is know for over one month obviously......

May think of buying an IPad next time.

0 Likes
tbhimdi
First Poster
Options

So far the "Android security patch level: July 1, 2020" seems to have worked, no flickering yet. It's only been 4 days though, I'll post here if the problem occurs again.

0 Likes
debzy
Student
Options

Same with me just now. Stripy green screen. Soft reboot now optimising app 🤞

0 Likes
debzy
Student
Options

samsung  you have an issue with your update!!!

0 Likes
Bingobob
First Poster
Options

I don't have the "stripy" screen but my S4 is booting every 5 minutes. If I open an app - reboot, if I open settings - reboot, if I try and uninstall an app - reboot, if I do nothing - reboot in 5 mins. Terrible thing Samsung for not adequately testing the update and rolling it out globally with a ton of unhappy customers to deal with the aftermath. I am not sure I would buy another Samsung tablet after this trouble.

0 Likes
smlx
First Poster
Options

So the cache wipe didn't work for me but a full wipe obviously did. It works like it's new.

0 Likes
krzemien
Journeyman
Options

I can confirm that one month later - see my post on page 3 - and with rather light use of my tablet everything's fine. Unless I'm very mistaken I did not restart / reboot it since I upgraded and went through this nonsense.

Also, "Android security patch level" remains on June 1, 2020 in my case - there's been no patches made available to me since the upgrade - but I guess it's because I'm in Blighty, whereas you guys are probably based across the pond.

0 Likes
fpm3
First Poster
Options

I can't do any of the testing as I can't see anything... as the screen is hiding all access to the menu (wiping and rebooting).   Any way we can boot from a desktop computer to try reloading it.

0 Likes