Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S4 screen issue after Android 10 update

(Topic created on: 30-06-2020 06:23 PM)
M10
Apprentice
Options

After I updated my Galaxy Tab S4 to Android 10 with One UI 2, the screen became like the picture attached. Please help me with this issue20200630_172532.jpg

60 REPLIES 60
AndrewL
Options
@M10: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue following your recent update. Let's start by trying a Soft Reset - please press the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously for around 10 seconds until the tablet restarts, as this will refresh the device and address any temporary issues that might be affecting it. If the issue persists, can you confirm if you downloaded the update from an official channel (via Wi-Fi in Settings > Software Update or using Smart Switch on your PC or Mac)?
M10
Apprentice
Options

Thank you dear Andrew for the prompt respond. I tried as you suggested but unfortunately still the same. And yes I used an official channel to update from my Tab settings.

Winter128
Journeyman
Options

On the first reboot after the update, my screen was completely scrambled. A soft reboot fixed it right away. Now a few days later I've had same problem bootting up my tablet 3 times. I would have to imagine this is a pretty serious software book. Also did the upgrade via official channels.

Armdog
First Poster
Options

I'm experiencing a very similar issue after updating; massive screen glitching. I used official channels for the update (was prompted on the device). Rebooting using the power + volume takes me to "to start device, draw pattern" which is clear and without glitches. But once I draw the pattern, crazy flashing that doesn't stop. 

mosom2020
Apprentice
Options

My Galaxy Tab S4 also had a screen issue today (it was stuck on a black screen with flickering lines) after the latest software update via my home's Wi-Fi.  It occurred (after installation) right after I entered my PIN.  So I ended up searching online to see if anyone else had a similar issue.  Good thing I came across this forum thread...

I held the power button and lower-volume button for 10 seconds to reset it and it seemed to have done the trick as it then started loading/optimizing the finishing touches from the update upon restarting the device.  

Hope all is well now.  -*Knocks on wood*-  

mosom2020
Apprentice
Options
Whoops, I just realized I seemed to have clicked on the wrong community forum (I'm not from Europe).
Vermithrax
Apprentice
Options

Just did the update yesterday on my Tab S4. During update I got the scrambled screen. After a reboot it was gone and confirmed update was successful. Rebooted again and just like you after I enter the PIN it starts flickering and there are lines on the screen. Wait a few minutes and hit the power button and it loads as normal. This only happens after entering the PIN and I can recreate this over and over. I did factory reset on the device and just started over and the issue is still there. I think the update screwed the pooch...

This only happens the first time I enter PIN after reboot. Once it kicks over I can lock the screen and reenter PIN with no issues.

Winter128
Journeyman
Options

Oh well, I'm not either. I'm in the States

0 Likes
M10
Apprentice
Options

@Vermithrax wrote:

Just did the update yesterday on my Tab S4. During update I got the scrambled screen. After a reboot it was gone and confirmed update was successful. Rebooted again and just like you after I enter the PIN it starts flickering and there are lines on the screen. Wait a few minutes and hit the power button and it loads as normal. This only happens after entering the PIN and I can recreate this over and over. I did factory reset on the device and just started over and the issue is still there. I think the update screwed the pooch...

This only happens the first time I enter PIN after reboot. Once it kicks over I can lock the screen and reenter PIN with no issues.

The same thing exactly happened with me, I tried everything, soft reset, hard reset, and I even downgraded to Android 9, but the screen still the same, I had a chat with one of Samsung experts and they asked me to bring it to one of Samsung service centers.