Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S4 audio slightly out of sync when using streaming video apps

(Topic created on: 03-10-2018 12:06 PM)
sotis_tseles
Explorer
Options

Hello to everyone!
Three days ago, I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Tab s4, and coming from the Nexus 10 I was astonished by the speed of the device!
The only thing that bothers me a lot is that whenever I try to watch YouTube, Vimeo, Netflix, Facebook videos or any other streaming video app, the audio is out of sync slightly from the video. This happens only when using the tablet speakers or wired headphones, but not with Bluetooth headphones. On Bluetooth the audio sync if perfect. Also playing locally stored files on the tablet itself, the audio sync is perfect regardless of using speakers, wired or Bluetooth headphones.
I've searched and tried everything I could find like, double reset device, latest update, clear apps cache, clear whole tablet cache, disabled stock anti-virus, force gpu rendering on developer options, playing Youtube videos from browser and not the app, and other stuff (all limited to legal actions, NOT rooting, etc) but nothing works!! 

Is this a known issue Samsung? Have other users reported this? Are you planning on solving this with an update?

I'm willing to flash a custom rom on the device (been using LineageOS on my Nexus 10) but can't find anything for Galaxy tab s4. Also I'm afraid to do that because if there is a harware issue then the same will happen if rooted and I would loose the warranty.

Thank you!

37 REPLIES 37
sotis_tseles
Explorer
Options

Any comments from an Administrator? I've seen the same issue from other users on different forums..

Is this a known issue? Do you plan to resolve this?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Hi @sotis_tseles

This is a strange one. Are you experiencing the audio sync issue while using the relevant applications (Youtube, Netflix etc) or are you viewing them on your browser? If you're streaming via the apps, have you tried using Chrome or the Samsung Internet browser to see if the problem persists?
0 Likes
Ice0cold
First Poster
Options

Just want to confirm that I also have this issue. 

But to me it's not only youtube, the delay is felt also with locally stored video files 😕

0 Likes
sotis_tseles
Explorer
Options

@AndrewL ,I've mentioned in my first post in this thread that I've already tried viewing streaming content through the browser and the problem persists... I've tried everything I could find online but to no result. 

Please don't pretend that you've never heard this one, and it is strange! Even a big company like Samsung can make mistakes, but please tell us that this is something you are working on. Is there an update coming on the tablet that will resolve this?

AntS
Options

@sotis_tseles: It's not an issue we've heard of before on this device. Are you able to use the Members app to submit an error report with log files for our software team to analyse? (Same advice for you @Ice0cold, or anyone else experiencing this issue.)

@filozof71: Can you tell us a bit more about the issue you're having? Is it on a Tab S4, and the audio being out of sync?

0 Likes
sotis_tseles
Explorer
Options

AntS, I submitted an error report through the members app the day I got it, but still no answer from Samsung, not even a courtesy "We've received it, we'll notify you for any updates with the issue". They say that they respond ASAP, but haven't received a response, and that is not nice. 

AntS
Options

@sotis_tseles: Are you based in the UK/Ireland? We're unable to track any error reports submitted from other countries, so if you're not based in the UK/Ireland I'd advise getting in touch with your local Members app service team via the feedback/ask questions feature to see if they can track the report you sent.

@filozof71: I've moved your posts into a new topic for you here.

0 Likes
sotis_tseles
Explorer
Options

I'm based in Greece. Then how can you resolve issues when there is no communication between countries?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@sotis_tseles: The software teams communicate between themselves - and us -  on issues; however, for individual report tracking and feedback specific to that report, our Members app service teams can only track the ones within in their own countries.

I've raised a query on this issue with our software team, so if we do hear anything on this one, me or one of the other Mods will let you guys know.

0 Likes