Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab A7 Lite - Settings search does not work

(Topic created on: 05-12-2021 08:46 PM)
Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options

The Settings search on my brand-new Galaxy Tab A7 Lite does not work. Whenever I try to search for a setting/word all I get is a rotating circle, the search never completes. Has anyone else encountered this and if so, do you know how to fix it?

11 REPLIES 11
Slerge
First Poster
Options

Same thing with my brand-new tab A7 lite received today, and I'm still looking for a fix.

Members_xS7cp9u
First Poster
Options

Add me to the list. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have the same on Tab S7. Resetting to factory setting works for couple of days, but it's broken again. Do you have working solution for it?

Fourvel
First Poster
Options

I have bought a new Samsung Galaxy tab s7 fe and at first it worked but after a couple hours, it didn't work and has the same issue with the endless rotating circle. Did you solve it?

Samson13579
Explorer
Options

Exactly the same problem here!

Settings search broken when doing a search inside the Settings app, but the suggestion is working fine when using in Finder (swipe up on home screen)

When search in settings app, no matter you type in or pressing a hash tags, there is no result, only shows a loading circle icon.

Already tried to clear cache and storage for the Settings app and SettingSuggestions app but no helping.

I have done a factory reset then it appears to be working again, but after a few app install and updates, it breaks again. Don't know what the root cause is but it seems to be a buggy system update.

Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options
No, it still doesn't work.
Samson13579
Explorer
Options

Any updates on this ? Still have this problem with my Tab S7 FE, not able to search in Settings is very annoying. 

Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options
No positive news from me I'm afraid. It's still not working on my Tab A7 Lite.
Samson13579
Explorer
Options

I finally fixed this problem myself on my Tab S7 FE! The root cause is an app called "Android System WebView"! You may try to reinstall this app to see if it works.

Please refer to my post for details.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tablets/settings-app-search-broken-on-tab-s7-fe-wifi-edition/td-...