Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does S9 tab ultra support hdmi via usb c port

(Topic created on: 04-09-2023 01:02 PM)
bjnm
Navigator
Options
I purchased an adapter and getting video but no sound trying to stream Netflix and YouTube onto my TV, when trying to stream Skygo I get neither but getting a message saying that the device is blocking it?
 I did try using a couple of other HDMI cables which works with other devices but no joy, I'm now thinking it's a faulty adapter or the device doesn't support hdmi output, can anyone clarify, thanks in advance 👍

30 REPLIES 30
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Should have got Google Chromecast. So much easier .

Do you have Samsung TV?

Then could use smartview.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It is not possible to stream Sky Go.
0 Likes
bjnm
Navigator
Options
Thanks Pugs1957, do you know if it's to do with the device not being supported? I've managed to stream Skygo on two different laptops successfully with both sound and video, just trying to find out if it's the adapter or the device being unsupported, appreciate it 👍
0 Likes
bjnm
Navigator
Options
Unfortunately not Goangeek it's a Panasonic but I just wanted the extra flexibility of being able to stream it from my device to any TV, ie when on holiday etc not too concerned as the ultra does have a nice display but so does a 55" oled TV 😉 👍
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There is no official way  to cast/screen mirror Sky go from mobile device to TV  (and generally  no guaranteed solution anyway). Some information here https://www.bluecinetech.co.uk/sky-go-to-chromecast/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I tried every which way to do this but Sky seem to know when a monitor attached. Even using a TV connected to a PC wouldn't work.
bjnm
Navigator
Options
Thanks
0 Likes
bjnm
Navigator
Options
Thanks for the info 👍
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Consider buying Google Chromecast you can watch YouTube and stuff on TV from your mobile no cables need.

Also check if your TV as YouTube app etc built in.