Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device being locked in 24 hours due to trade in not complete,

(Topic created on: 14-10-2021 01:52 AM)
Asmith239
Explorer
Options

I have had the following message come up on my newly purchased tablet which was not part of a trade in with myself

What do I do?

20211014_004817.jpg

242 REPLIES 242
Park life
Pioneer
Options

I received another email from the trade in team this morning confirming trade in dealt with, and my lock message has also gone! Sort of regretting super gluing myself to Scamsung HQ now, it was a cold night. 

0 Likes
JPAP
Journeyman
Options
My lock has been removed hopefully that's the end of it. Thanks to everyone posting on here.
0 Likes
Bwsoldier
Pioneer
Options

Woke up to an unlocked phone today, finally! I will also be complaining as this is just not acceptable. I hope you all get things sorted out. I will update if I ever hear back from complaints.

0 Likes
yeraciba
Explorer
Options

I got an email saying WE HOPE YOU FOUND PUT SERVICES PROMPT & PROFESSIONAL hahahahqhahahaha

yeraciba
Explorer
Options

I got an email saying WE HOPE YOU FOUND OUR SERVICES PROMPT & PROFESSIONAL hahahahqhahahaha

0 Likes
Members_mO1opVy
First Poster
Options

Same here, I woke up this morning and the lock message was gone.

0 Likes
RichUK
Journeyman
Options

Lock message has gone for me too, no emails though 

0 Likes
Park life
Pioneer
Options

About as prompt and professional as  sloths turd. 🦥 

0 Likes
zaimakhtar
Apprentice
Options

My locked in 24 hours message got removed over the weekend and I got my refund today. I can't be bothered dealing with them but part of me wants to vent about the stress they caused me on my holiday by nicking 300 quid from me and then threatening to brick my phone that had all my travel.covid documents on it.

let me tell you scrambling around Turkey, while skint and also looking for a place to transfer my important files or print them, is not a way I wanted to be spending my time away!

Is there any avenue I can contact without contacting Samsung directly i.e an ombudsman or FCA etc

yeraciba
Explorer
Options

Dear ,

Thank you for your email on 15th October 2021 to the Citizens Advice consumer service. Your reference number is  .

We understand from your email you purchased a Samsung Galaxy S21 from Samsung online on 18th September 2021. You traded in your old phone for a discount with a deadline of 22nd October 2021. You sent your phone on 8th October 2021 which you had an email confirmation stating the phone was received on 11th October 2021. You then also had confirmation that the trade was not received and will locking the phone in 24 hours. Samsung has stated they will looking into this. 

Your rights and obligations
All contracts in the UK are governed by common law and your agreement with them is bound by the terms and conditions you have both agreed. If the trader is not following your terms and conditions, you could argue that the trader is breaching your contract.

In this case, you would firstly need to set a deadline for them to resolve the issue. If the issue is not resolved in the deadline, you could hold the trader in a breach of contract until they resolve the issue.

The burden of proof is on yourself to show that there has been a breach in your contract. We would advise to read through any terms and conditions to find out where the trader has breached the contract.

Your next steps
Start by having another conversation with the trader. If you do not get anywhere following this conversation, you may wish to raise a complaint using the trader's complaints process or by putting something in writing. Ideally this should be sent via email or by recorded mail - keep a copy of any correspondence. You can find a letter template here.

Make sure you set a date in your correspondence for the trader to respond to you by - as a guideline we typically suggest a minimum of at least 7 days. If you receive no response, or an unsatisfactory response within this timescale, come back to us and we'll give you advice on what to do next.

You may also wish to speak to PayPal as they have their own payment dispute process which are bound by their own terms.

To ensure we have a full case file for Trading Standards, can you please confirm if you received a copy of your terms and conditions and cancellation rights when you arranged the service?

What we will do
We’ll notify Trading Standards of this issue. Whilst this doesn’t help you resolve your problem, it gives Trading Standards vital intelligence about how the trader operates their business.

If you have any more problems please call us on 0808 223 1133 or reply to this email, with your reference number.

0 Likes