Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device being locked in 24 hours due to trade in not complete,

(Topic created on: 14-10-2021 01:52 AM)
Asmith239
Explorer
Options

I have had the following message come up on my newly purchased tablet which was not part of a trade in with myself

What do I do?

20211014_004817.jpg

242 REPLIES 242
Hutt_Simon
Student
Options

Same issue, newly bought tablet through Amazon Marketplace. No trade in. Message appeared last week, and being fobbed off by Samsung. This morning tablet was locked. Has anyone managed to get any traction with the news media? Or Samsung? Seriously thinking of switching to Apple instead of Android. (Yes, that bad!)

0 Likes
Bwsoldier
Pioneer
Options

I just received my trade in complete email, but the phone is still locked. Ive rung everyone and messaged on every platform, including the form on the lock screen, I still have no phone.

0 Likes
Bwsoldier
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
Poxona
Explorer
Options
Latest with my trade in, received an email today stating that the trade in order is now complete. Then received this email... Seems like progress but no commitment how long it will take!Screenshot_20211019-164842_Gmail_6282.jpg
0 Likes
MikeSchofield
Journeyman
Options

Samsung forwarded me an email today from the trade in team confirming they had received my phone and it was awaiting processing (which I already knew). When I asked why if they had my phone but not processed it yet they had charged me back the trade in value and threatened to lock my phone, I got a email from a manager saying they would call tomorrow. Will update if any progress!

0 Likes
Sam Harrison
First Poster
Options

Same issue for me, and my phone has been now been locked. I got this response from Samsung - at they're acknowledging there's an issue, though still pointing us towards MTR (help@tradeinresponse.co.uk), who aren't responding...

"Good evening, Sam! We are very much aware of this, and we appreciate the frustration with this. If you have already emailed the email address you mentioned, you will need to await a response from them as they will be handling this. They will be back in touch with you as soon as possible. ^CP"

0 Likes
Pugcrazy
Apprentice
Options

I hope this will help out those who did a trade-in. I rang this number, which is the online sales team 0330 726 7467 then option 2 . I wanted to be angry but they were really helpful so I was nice in return. They contacted MTR for me. I asked them if they could email me a confirmation of their conversation with MTR and they did. I got a confirmation from mtr that they were assessing my old phone. This was on Monday and the lock message has now disappeared from my phone this morning. Not sure about those locked out but reach out to them. You have to speak to the online sales or shop team because they have access to mtr or the Trade-in part of Samsung. They said the lock message is automated so I'm guessing it's not discriminating where you bought it. It probably only applies to unlocked phones not linked to a mobile company. Anyway I hope this may help a bit

Members_iSYVydm
Student
Options

I'm sincerely hoping I don't end up down the same path, but alike others, it looks like I'm heading towards this issue. Trade-in not due for another week, had to request s trade-in pack twice and when I finally received it, I sent the old device off straight away. Whilst the trade-in parcel is arriving with them today via special delivery, and my trade-in date is not for another week, the dreaded message has appeared! Hopefully they process my device shortly and I don't get locked out like others unfortunately have. I'm very surprised there has been no updates or coverage on this!

0 Likes
yeraciba
Explorer
Options

My lock threat has gone! All I got was a reply from MTR saying "please wait while we investigate" yesterday. Now it's gone, no further email from them! 

Poxona
Explorer
Options
My lock message gone this morning. Will still follow through with complaint as this has been a nightmare for nearly a week and taken a lot of unnecessarily time to deal with!