Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device being locked in 24 hours due to trade in not complete,

(Topic created on: 14-10-2021 01:52 AM)
Asmith239
Explorer
Options

I have had the following message come up on my newly purchased tablet which was not part of a trade in with myself

What do I do?

20211014_004817.jpg

241 REPLIES 241
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Did you buy it new, from a trusted seller? - If not, it may be that this is because the original purchaser failed to meet the required conditions/deadline before selling it on.
0 Likes
Asmith239
Explorer
Options

I thought I did as it was bought through amazon so now I am not so sure.

Is it worth contacting samsung or should I just go straight to amazon?

0 Likes
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
If I were you I'd contact amazon first and if you don't get a satisfactory answer, get on to Samsung to find out some more details.
0 Likes
Asmith239
Explorer
Options

Spoke to amazon and they are gonna look into it and help me resolve it.

I just find it weird there is no mention on any of the policies that they will lock the device if the trade in is not completed?

0 Likes
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Could be that it was a free gift providing you bought something else and the paid for item was sent back but the seller kept hold of the tablet. I'm just guessing, of course, but there are some dodgy people around. ☹
0 Likes
Jules1975
First Poster
Options

I have the same message. I've done as you have done and contacted Amazon. I will wait to hear what they come back with. I'll post an update if I get anything. 

0 Likes
Asmith239
Explorer
Options

What model tablet is yours?

0 Likes
Jules1975
First Poster
Options

It is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite,  Wi-Fi. Same as yours?

0 Likes
Members_DNmk3QV
First Poster
Options

I'ts a massive problem. Mine is a brand new S21 Ultra 5G purchased direct from Samsung, and it's locked me out and continues to do so.

0 Likes