Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crush damage

(Topic created on: 18-05-2022 01:45 PM)
Virgïl
Explorer
Options

Gift Recieved S8 ultra advanced keyboard cover yesterday late evening yodel delivery.

Package has crush damage. Can you provide me with return replace information please. thank you

13 REPLIES 13
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Best off contacting customer support services.
Is the item inside damaged as well?
Kori44
Apprentice
Options
Help! I need my phone number to get through security - having never dialled my own number, I'm STUCK!!
Virgïl
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your reply !

samsung are sending out expensive sensitive electrical equipment without protective packaging 

And what that actually means is any shocks knocks crushing scuffing during transit are directly on the sensitive expensive item that you now own. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Kori44  Go to Settings-About Phone, your number should be displayed there. Another method if problem there is go to Settings-connections-Sim Card Manager, number should be displayed under the appropriate sim . If you also go to Phone-contacts  and your name the number may be shown there too.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The packaging is to a certain extent sacrificial and if packed correctly, items should remain safe.
To be honest all the stuff I have had delivered has been packaged really well.
Contact customer support and advise them about the packaging condition.
They can put a note on the system advising of this and if a warranty repair is required, the impact sensor shouldn't be taken into account if there's no visible external damage
But do get clarification on this
Virgïl
Explorer
Options

no it is unacceptable as in store i and yourself would never choose the mangled damaded boxed item even if sealed we will choose the prestine boxed item because we are paying huge sums of money for a prestine brand new item.

thank you

0 Likes
Virgïl
Explorer
Options

hi again

can someone please confirm i am emailing the correct section

help-en-gb-337@samsungpromotions.claims

Messaged that one yesterday and no response yet.

0 Likes
Virgïl
Explorer
Options

I am not sure if people are understanding.

There is NO protective packaging. only the item in its display box. NO PROTECTIVE PACKAGING AT ALL.

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ah I see what you mean.
Normally it would come inside more packaging.
If its just the box the item comes in then I would be tempted to have them send another and get ghat returned.
I guess it was just sent in a packaging bag. Surprised by that to be honest