Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Tab A to monitor

(Topic created on: 19-04-2022 01:22 AM)
PCPhil
First Poster
Options

I am trying to connect my Tab A to a VGA monitor.

I have a USB C to VGA adapter but when I connect tablet to monitor it doesn't work.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
@PCPhil: Please can you confirm the full model number of your Tab A, found in Settings > About Device, or on the back of the tablet itself, and I will look into this for you.
0 Likes
PCPhil
First Poster
Options

Hi

Thanks for response.

My Tablet is a SM-T515.

Thanks

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@PCPhil: I've had a look into this and your Tab A 2019 doesn't support a cable connection to TV's and monitors for screen mirroring. Past tablets were compatible with MHL adapters (USB to HDMI) however I can't find anything in the specs to suggest that your Tab A 2019 will be compatible. If your VGA monitor supports wireless screen mirroring then you can utilise Smart View by swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom, selecting Smart View from the Quick Settings menu, and following the on-screen instructions. Apologies for any disappointment this may cause.
0 Likes
PCPhil
First Poster
Options

Hi

Many thanks

Phil

0 Likes
Nev3
First Poster
Options

Hello

I have a galaxy Tab A, model  SM-T580.  Is it possible for me to connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse to the tablet?  If so what is the kit I need to buy to get it all connected?  

Many thanks

Neville

0 Likes
Michelle Davey
First Poster
Options

Hi,

My daughter has a Tab A Model SM-T290

Is it possible to connect a vga monitor to this? if so, what adapters do I need?

Thanks

0 Likes
ct-530
First Poster
Options

I have an SM-X200 and I am trying to connect mine to a monitor via a DVI to USB-C cable.

0 Likes