Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new (no trade in) tab s9+ Remotley locked

(Topic created on: 18-05-2024 08:33 PM)
Members_SYbpeyi
First Poster
Options

Just purchased a TAB S9 plus from the Samsung website, turned it on started to transfer from my phone then it came up with "this device has been remotely locked as the original purchaser failed to complete payment of there order" so now it's a brick, started a live chat, and he was unless, kept telling me to call a number that was closed till Monday insisting it was open till 10, he kept saying I need to call Trade-in when I have not traded anything in for this tablet, so the bottom line is that Samsung have sold me a used product as new, I believe this is a trading standards issue now, there was no protective film on the screen and back as well come to think of it, I need to factory reset now as it's probably transferred all my data onto the tablet, but I can't get into it to factory reset as this will be going back.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
tabS9fesherif
Apprentice
Options
I brought a Samsung tab S9 fe from a seller on Facebook two month's ago & today I have been Remotely locked & says the seller failed on payment so this is why it has been remotely locked & basically left with a brick that can be used at all . I have long-term serious illness diagnosis with learning difficulties and disability. I have screen shots of the whole incident. It was brand new completely 100 per cent. I would really really appreciate any advice at all as I don't know what I should do like do I contact the Police or Facebook for help. I'm really struggling to cope with it as it was so valuable to me & not meaning Money but what help it was used for now I'm in need of anything at all that would make this situation move in the right direction. Please help me I would appreciate it very Very much thanks a jay
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@tabS9fesherif: I am very sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. It is possible that the seller purchased the Tab S9 FE on finance, and has not paid off the remaining balance of the agreement, and this has resulted in the message you're seeing. Did the notification mention any steps that you could take to unlock the device? Have you tried reaching out to the Seller directly to see if they are able to shed any light on this for you? 

0 Likes
tabS9fesherif
Apprentice
Options
I contacted the seller on Facebook & soon as I brought of the issue with remotely locked by Samsung he (seller)straight away blocked Me on Facebook which I have screenshot of the whole communication & including me buying it from him & it cost alot of money that I struggled for inorder to buy the tablet & now I'm stuck with it .I have evidence of the who deal of buying it. I had it for about two months before Samsung remotely locked it due to some sort of a trade deal .it was brand new in box never used at all but now I have no device. Spoke to Samsung live chat twice with both employees saying Samsung will help me sort this problem definitely & have proof of screenshot. One of Samsung employees on live chat was called Tom. I can seem to be able to talk on phone with Samsung so just been getting more & more difficult to cope with as I saved so long and about to start a university Honors degree at home due to being housebound most of my life and the tablet was a big part of that & no way can afford to replace it no .my only hope is ring Samsung tomorrow again if I can get through. Our ypu able to tell me what The exact situation which has lead my device to be remotely locked by you?. I don't have much money bit if I have to pay from my disability benefits I will no problem I would go without food for weeks if it meant my tablet will work again. Is there anything you can do to help me please you would be an angel. I'm a loyal Samsung customer my whole life all my electronic are all Samsung please be reasonable please thanks yours sincerely Jason
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@tabS9fesherif: I'm sorry to hear that the seller as not been more cooperative regarding this matter, as the issue is almost certainly the result of an unresolved trade-in or finance transaction on their part. If you are based in the UK, then I recommend contacting the Trade In Team directly on help@tradeinresponse.co.uk, and include as much detail as you can about the issue you're facing with your tablet, and an advisor will be able to explore your available options. This isn't something that can be resolved from this position, however the Trade In Team are best placed to look at any potential resolutions for you. 

0 Likes
tabS9fesherif
Apprentice
Options
Hi yeah I contacted the seller and said the Samsung tablet is blocked remotely locked by Samsung and straight away blocked Me on Facebook marketplace who where I brought it. Samsung told me today the person didn't pay off the finance on it. Samsung won't help me at all even thou they agree I brought it as I send evidence of the conversations and took screenshot clearly showing it. I can't contact the seller it's impossible as he blocked me straight away. The person I brought it from had many many brand new expensive tablets & phone's some selling for over £1000 so the guy is into something serious and is not a one off mistake as he had many of same devices all brand new sealed like the one I brought in good faith. I paid £280 that took me over 7 months to save & wanted to start a home university course and that was part of the items I needed to start which now I can't do. I am housebound due to serious health issues and disability including learning disabilities. Samsung won't unlock my device & don't want it back so what can I do with it now. It's two months old from brand new. I am a loyal customer from Samsung and my family & they agree I been scammed but won't help & ain't even gonna investigate the person. I'm so stressed and unable replace it without month's and month's of saving again. Any advice at all would be so appreciated. I feel such an ***** & Samsung clearly don't appreciate my loyalty
0 Likes