Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery protection feature

(Topic created on: 23-06-2021 09:04 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi all , I see there's a battery protection feature in the settings so that it doesn't get charged above 85% and when you restart the tab it shows its at 100% ( but really it's at 85% ) does anyone use this and basically does it work as it should ??? 
23 REPLIES 23
SarahMR80
First Poster
Options

Question:

Firstly, I realize this thread as well as your comment you posted is over a year old but I'm taking a chance that you'll be notifiedof a comment response "hopefully"see it read it.. lol..

Now with that out of the way let me get back to my wisdom Questionthat I gave 4 you if you don't mind.  Am I understanding you correctly in regards 2 the comment you posted.? Are u saying that if u charge your tablet to 100% & then immediately turn the device off then that would cause the battery to become damage? Would doing that weaken the battery's lie span? I've never heard that b4. Truthfully I've never really put much stock into the whole "only charge ur device to 85% so that way the batteries life span is extended". I guess I don't understand  how that would effect its lifespan, but that is something I need 2 further research so I can be better educated on this topic. But as far as charging it to 100%& then shutting the device off immediately after a full&complete charge, now that too can negatively  effect the battery in its entirety? 

I wanted to make sure I was in fact understanding  you correctly. Any information u can pass along will be very much appreciated.  Honestly my experience with using the Samsung  S6lite has actually been Tissot amazing,  EXCEPT the fact that the battery is absolutely

atrocious ‼️ I mean WOW, SERIOUSLY  SAMSUNG TOTALLY AND UTTERLY DROPED THE BALL WITH INCLUDING SUCH A HORRIBLE BATTERY CHOICE. I'm  sorry about te all caps but shooooo ummmmm No No No with this battery.  I just do not comprehend what the developer 's were thinking when they decided to use the that they did, or I should say decided 2 use a battery with I guess such poor strength.  However it works, this clearly hasn't worked 4 this Samsung  model.  Unfortunately b4 buying this particular model I did of course research many many many reviews  from many different  websites, so I was aware of the battery issues, which I figured would be somewhat of a disappointment,but I figured it was something that I could live with.  It WOW it's beyond disappointing,  frankly it's just totally  unacceptable & not at all up to par w/Samsung’s  usual better quality  devices. It's really frustrating because if I had my choice  I'd of course bought the latest model, which at that time was the S7+. I unfortunately could not buy the latest model due 2 the fact Samsung had 2 take away the absolute most important aspect of any device I personally buy, be it phone or tablet,  which is the headphone jack. I can't buy anything  without a headphone jack, I won't use Bluetooth,  I hate Bluetooth.  I use my devices to watch youtube and similar apps, so I  HAVE2 have that included. Te only other option would be to buy te USB c adapter that had both a charging port as well as a headphone jack port as well, which I did buy b4 buying any tablet. But the more I thought about it te more I decided  against it. Why? Well I knew tat would mean a ton more wear and tear 4 the battery port and I've had some bad luck already in the past with the battery ports going bad. This happens due 2 me having 2 charge the device while i'm using it, the constant pressure of it resting on the battery port with the charger plugged in is the reason that they went bad, well I'm assuming anyways. So I was stuck with the S6lite&it's horrible,  poor excuse 4 a battery that I'm stuck with having to charge at minimum 3 times per day and that's at the very least.  So i need 2 know why information that may help improving the battery's health in any&ALL ways possible.  It's a l9ng shot u will even eversee this buy I'm optimistic.  Thanks 4 taking the time to read this novel,  I didn't  intend 4 it 2 be this long so I do apologize.  Thx again..👍👌🤙‼️

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@SarahMR80  Using the Battery protect feature will prolong  Battery life but it is not essential, will depend on how often you upgrade and  how much Battery you need when out and about .    It is only an issue charging to 100% and then powering off if the device is left unused for  a signifcant period , otherwise will be fine. 

on the other point whilst there is some demand for Headphone Jacks  companies have moved away from that from a few reasons , mainly the advantage of fitting in more components and to encourage the use of Bluetooth with associated commercial reasoning.  With Samsung still tens to be available at the moment in lower end Devices  see further information here https://earrockers.com/why-are-headphone-jacks-being-removed/     If not available though only other alteenative is the Adapter.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Mythrandia
First Poster
Options

Your phone will never show 100% if you have the Protect Battery feature enabled.  It will never go above 85%, period.  If your phone says 100% it's flawed and needs to be returned.  This feature is as simple as it comes, turn it on, and your phone can't charge above 85%..

I've had a new S22 Ultra for 4 months and have only charged it to 100% two times.  Oh, it definitely works, I got that extra 15%, no doubt.

If you don't use it, I can assure your phone battery will perform poorly over time.  

0 Likes
AdamSalih
First Poster
Options
My phone shows 85% not 100%
0 Likes