Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery protection feature

(Topic created on: 23-06-2021 09:04 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi all , I see there's a battery protection feature in the settings so that it doesn't get charged above 85% and when you restart the tab it shows its at 100% ( but really it's at 85% ) does anyone use this and basically does it work as it should ??? 
23 REPLIES 23
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I charge mine to 100 unplug it leave it turned on and just use it when I need it
0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Sorry , I don't quite understand that , charge it to 200 , turn it off and leave it for days ???? Off charge or still on charge ???

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Same here , charge to 100 , unplug it but leave tab turned on then use when I need do

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
What I mean is charging it to 100% switching it off and leaving it for ages is bad for it, but if you charge it to 100% and leave it turned on it will slowly sip away at the battery thus it not being at 100% for days or weeks on end
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea that's the way to do it really
0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Ah right , you meant turn off the tab , thought you meant turn off the charger , what I do currently is .....charge it to 100% , turn off the charger and unplug , leave tab turned on but in flight mode until I need to use it

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea I do the same but I just leave it running with flight mode off it loses around 4% a day so it's all good
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I'll definitely start to only charge it to 80% sometimes manually and not via the protect feature .

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Thing is I use my phone and tab so much that it's not above 85% for long 🤣🤣
waltervp
First Poster
Options

I won't use it with the restart requirement.  I want an easy way to get back to 100%.

Why can't we have it charge to 85% till a certain time and then switch to 95 or 100%. Iphones do that,  they charge to close to full and fully charge an hour or so before the user usually first uses the phone. 

I would like a button to click to  over ride the protection once only and then revert back to 85% after an hour say....  

0 Likes