Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling support from samsung

(Topic created on: 01-02-2020 08:03 PM)
Ags1
First Poster
Options

I'm disgusted that they will not repair my faulty screen under warranty. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not what we like to hear, @Ags1. Could you give us a little more info on this please?

Ags1
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris,
Thank you for your interest. My wife purchased a samsung galaxy tab A sm-t510 online through currys pc world in December and I started using it after christmas.
About 3 weeks later the screen started to flicker. I looked for solutions and unloaded software and reset to factory defaults.
The problem remained and I called samsung support. They passed it over to WeFix and they arranged to come out to my place of work to repair.
When the engineer arrived I turned on the device and we could see the problem. The engineer then inspected the device with a torch to look for damage. There was no evidence of damage.
He then said he would take the device to his van to repair it. He came back 10 minutes later and said that the screen was damaged internally and this has voided the warranty.
I could now see a line on the screen that wasn't there before. I asked how can the screen be damaged internally without any external damage.
He said it could have been pressed on too hard or dropped and referred me back to samsung. I asked Wefix how often this happens? Is this device fit for purpose? They said they don't have this data and referred me back to samsung.
I called samsung back and they have told me that they have accepted the engineers report and will not repair under warranty.
Can you tell me how often this device breaks internally without any external damage?
Could there have been a manufacturing defect?
Could it have been damaged in transit and taken a few weeks for the problem to occur?
It does not appear to be fit for purpose.
Should I pursue a consumer rights complaint?
I'm actually very surprised at Samsung's response and lack of concern that i have paid £149 for a device that has lasted 3 weeks!
Any advice you could offer as a next step would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Andrew

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

This isn't what we like to hear, Andrew. We've sent you a response to your private message.

0 Likes
Members_yYyhcHH
Student
Options

I too have just got to the end of my tether. Let me begin.  A year ago I had a new kitchen installed with Samsung cooker hood, hob and dishwasher. About a month ago the dishwasher suddenly would not shut and it appeared a bit of the plastic door lock had broken and gone inside the door lock mechanism. I must stress nothing in terms of misuse happened despite Samsung insisting it was misuse! Having phoned at least 12 times to the support each time having to repeat everything,  each time being told its all our fault, then being told if it's a fault they will pay, then its not covered. Then being cut off several times, constantly being told they can't hear me, being promised several calls back but they never happen.  Only to be given a repair centre to call finally and they would have my details but guess what they didn't and they don't even cover my area! So today I was told to call back and they would call a new repair centre. Guess what they said I had to call them and pay anyway. Truely Truely Truely appealing service.

0 Likes
lornaej
First Poster
Options

Hi, was this issue resolved at all? I'm having a very similar issue with my Samsung S20 fe 5g phone. Three months old and the screen started flickering then wouldn't work at all, went completely black. No damage whatsoever. Took it to a  Samsung repair centre, the engineer inspected it very closely, agreed there was no damage then asked if it had been exposed to water, including rain or dropped down the loo, he seemed to linger on this point a lot and I thought the phones were waterproof but didn't make a deal of this because I know it hasn't been exposed and reassured him of that. He said if he finds water damage they'd have to charge. I knew they wouldn't so that was fine and I left the phone with them.

I get a phone call a couple of hours later to say they'd found impact damage. Yet the phone has just been in my bag in a case and the engineer confirmed when I left it there was no damage. I don't understand how not having even a scratch on the phone could equate with damage sufficient to stop the phone from working. Are these phones that fragile?! 

I now don't know what to do. I should pick it up from the shop but I'm worried like op that the phone might now suddenly be damaged. I wish I'd taken pics before taking it in.

0 Likes