Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (wi-fi) language issues on set-up

(Topic created on: 31-01-2020 11:18 AM)
Dave92
Student
Options

I have no idea what is going on! Judging by posts in the Smartphones section I'm not the only one having problems with the wrong language appearing when trying to use Samsung Members. I only wanted to use it to register the product.

I've managed to do so eventually - but the whole process was irritating. So maybe posting this will help someone else.

The tablet was purchased via Amazon from a UK supplier. It came in a sealed box. It had an Italian quick start guide and warranty. It had a UK charger. When I finally got to the point of registering, but before completing the form it appeared to identify itself as a SM-T590NZAABTU (United Kingdom). 

So Step 1 - download the full English Manual on my PC.

Step 2- fully charge before use as instructed in the manual.( I don't think that is stated in the Quick Start Guide)

Step 3 - power up - and I'm presented with English (UK) as the default language choice. :smiling-face: Set up went smoothly - very pleased with it.

Step 4 register it by logging onto Samsung Members - it comes up in Italian!! Even after uninstalling and re-installing it comes up in Italian!

So (I think) I closed the News page and then found a language box and was able to choose English:smiling-face:

"Finally" I'm able to try and register the product - and run into more issues

1. Model not in main drop down menu

2. product entry box will not accept "Galaxy Tab A"

3. Go out of product registration - and find that under my profile it says I have an "SM-T590NZAABTU"

4. go back in to register - type that in and bingo

5. select date of registration - I get presented with a calender in Cyrillic alphabet :face-with-rolling-eyes:. Fortunately it is defaulting to the currnt month.

So as I said at the start - I've no idea what's going on! I'll be waiting with bated breath to see what language Samsung Members comes up with when I log back on.

1 REPLY 1
Dave92
Student
Options

Follow-up:

And yes - when I open the App again - it is in Italian. I managed to save the web page for Samsung Members to Favorites which is where I managed to register the product. But when I click on the "Community" tab I get an unexpected error:
Exception ID:19A3D3A9 (18:53 31/01/2020) which is repeatable.

I tried installling the app using the "Dowwnload App" tab, after uninstaling the existing app. I did so through Google Play Store. And  - it opened up in Italian.

Can someone please tell me what is going on.  {it is a good thing I don't need the App for every day use!

0 Likes