Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 Update Broke External SD Storage on A7

(Topic created on: 27-09-2022 09:29 PM)
ATownGtr
Student
Options

After Android 12 update no longer able to move any application whatsoever over to SD Storage I have unmounted remounted formatted numerous times the tablet does see this SD Storage but will not allow anything to move over it complaining about not enough space even though it's a brand new 64 GB card. That was working just fine the day before the freaking 12 update when it was Android 11. Please don't give me no BS about it being a hardware issue as it is not. Keep the green horn robot responses to yourself and work the ***** problem. I've been in IT the last 25 years I know how to format an SD card. I have also gone to the developer tools to make sure I can force apps over I can even encrypt the SD card with the tablet but it will not let me move any application to it since the update. It also broke all access to applications that were currently on the SD card after your 12 update.

Please reply with what is currently being done to remedy this problem as it seems kind of silly your tablets have an SD card slot that can't use an SD card. I also have not seen any literature information from Samsung stating that they intended on discontinuing SD card external storage usage. Which means you're update actually broke something and you guys need to fix it.

4 REPLIES 4
jasonuk
Explorer
Options
Others including myself have reported same issue and submitted error reports via samsung members app. Error report was acknowledged and passed to 'experts' but as yet no fix. Its not hardware related the android 12 update broke this functionality. Without the move app to sd feature Samsung tablets with sd card arent worth buying... i certainly wouldnt if i had known!
ATownGtr
Student
Options

Good to know, thanks for replying and saying so. I'm hoping they will fix it soon as obviously if we had enough storage on the tablet we wouldn't have purchased SD cards for them, lol. I had about 20 apps and their data installed on that card and it wouldn't run anything after the update. You couldn't even see the icons for the apps. Just like anything else from big corp when it comes to stuff like this we will just have to wait it out. If they take too long I just won't buy another Samsung tablet as my guess is that they knew it would cause a problem but sent out the update anyway. You know the Mircosoft way.........

0 Likes
Rogier_de_Jong
First Poster
Options

I bought a Samsung SD card because I thought that it may solve the issue. Samsung, Please fix this issue!!

spinch88
Student
Options

YOU SHOULD GOT THE LENOVO SMART TAB M8 BATTERY LIFE FOR DAYS A LITTLE LAGGY BUT ITS STILL A GREAT TAB MINE BROKE I WENT TO BUY ANOTHER ONE BUT THEY WERE SOLD OYT 

0 Likes