Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADVICE ON TAB S6 SOLD!

(Topic created on: 28-09-2020 09:30 PM)
Sam162
Explorer
Options
I recently sold my Tab S6 after purchasing the S7 Plus. I did a Factory Reset (holding power button and volume up). I did this as I couldn't reset through settings on the Tab. I have since learned that the new owner may have problems signing into the S6 with his details, as I didn't remove my Account, so an FRP Lock may have been activated. If I give the new owner my details to gain access, then he deletes it and adds his, would that be OK? Surely others have experienced this problem???? Would appreciate any advice! 👍
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Mike_P
Navigator
Options
Hi, don't fully understand why you didn't do a full reset via settings (general settings /factory reset), but you are where you are.

Giving the buyer your Account detail is a fairly big risk tbh and I think that's something you need to decide for yourself.
If you give access for a limited time, and at a specific time too - then this might be the least risky option.

change password
tell buyer they can access for 15 mins from time A to B.
after time has elapsed change all password and check nobody has messed with the recovery numbers/emails.

then I'd keep a close eye on everything for a while.

or, you ask them to return the tablet, you reset and resend.

sorry can't think of a better option.

Sam162
Explorer
Options
I'm not very Tech Savvy to be honest. I couldn't reset it through the settings on the Tab at all, tried everything. Then I found out on the Internet to do it by pressing the power button and volume up button at the same time. After I did this and sent to the buyer, I was told about the problems the new owner may encounter! Because I hadn't removed my Account, when the Tab would be accessed it would require my info. Apologies if I'm not explaining everything properly but like I say - I'm not too clever with all this but I am learning! I now know to remove my Account before resetting then the FRP Lock wouldn't be activated. I'm grateful you took the time to reply to my post, thankyou!
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
yeah it's a Google security lock. when they go through the set up it will say it's detected a unauthorized reset. it will then ask for the Google log ins to proceed... in future if you ever need your devices resetting... even if it's a none SIM device... just a WiFi one... go to your cell phone network provider and ask for help from them... they will normally help you and for free... well in the UK they do. Mike suggestion is perfect.