Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active 5 Tablet Image Resolution/Size

(Topic created on: 27-02-2024 03:50 PM)
JLLB69
First Poster
Options

Just got an Active 5 Tab and I would like to reduce the image size to around 1mb. The standard is around 4.5mb, but I want to upload around 15 images on to each job that I sign off using the Tab for work purposes. I cannot find a way to reduce the size of the image as I take them. I am looking for a setting that will keep the size low, without having to go into settings each time I wish to take an image. The App that I am using is either timing out or just plain refusing to upload the images whilst on 4G/5G. Any advice available to this newby, please?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@JLLB69: Try opening the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol > Advanced picture options > High efficiency pictures, and toggle this feature on. Please note that this option may not be available depending on your current Android version.

0 Likes
JLLB69
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew. Thanks for the reply. I have tried that already to see what difference it made, and, although it did make the image smaller, it was still over 3mb. I think the only option I have is to reduce the size of the image by editing after the picture is taken/saved. 

0 Likes