Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S9 Fe Plus restarts unexpectedly (SM-X616B)

(Topic created on: 28-02-2024 02:54 PM)
DaveTheGreen
Journeyman
Options

Hello to all readers

I bought the Sasmsung Galaxy Tab S9 FE Plus about a month ago and have unfortunately had more problems than joy since then.
Shortly after I bought the tablet, it started restarting every now and then. I didn't think anything of it at first, new hardware - new apps, new updates... Maybe it just needs to restart from time to time.
However, it became more and more frequent. Sometimes several times a day.
I then called the support team.
The lady on the phone looked at my tablet via remote maintenance. Obviously no problems. She advised me to reset the tablet and see if this would solve the problem.
With a heavy heart, I reset my tablet, which had already been in active use for almost 1 1/2 weeks, to factory settings.

Afterwards - joy.
Reinstalled everything, reloaded all the old apps and had no problems for almost a week.

It started again 3 days ago.
Only one reboot a day, today there are already 4 reboots and the day is only halfway through.

I have tried the above tips on the net.
Checked whether self-optimization or any other settings are switched on, checked whether the apps are causing any problems and even scrolled through the few public logs that you can view without having admin permissions. However, without success and without a visible solution.

I have now got into the habit (sorry for this) of opening the member app and sending the log every time it is restarted (the app asks you from time to time) and creating a bug report.

Now I have a few questions:
1) Is this a known issue for the tablet / current Android version?
2) Does anyone else have this problem too - or even fixed it, if so -> how?
3) Are there any other approaches I could try?
4) Can I somehow view the official error logs that are collected and sent by the member app?

Many thanks in advance:
Best regards
Dave

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
srs0591
Pioneer
Options
Hi Dave, it looks like you've followed the correct steps to try and resolve this. Although the problem may be mechanical, I'd recommend pushing Samsung for a repair/ replacement. It's likely a problem with the logic board.
I wouldn't say this is a known issue, but it's not uncommon to run into a lemon once in a while.
0 Likes
DaveTheGreen
Journeyman
Options

5 of my sendet Error-Logs are still open, the last one was closed with the comment, that the issue was forwarded to the technical department and I should be patiend.

Will send an update, if I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes
DaveTheGreen
Journeyman
Options

Talked again with the support.
I should send it in for reparation.
Will do so this evening. Will keep this blog up to date to inform what happens :smiling-face:

Greets
Dave

0 Likes