Hi guys, running into an extremely frustrating problem: my headphones are no longer working with my Tablet.
- The headphones are working
- The Tablet charges no problem
- The headphones have worked before with the Tablet
- The jack is very clean and has hardly seen any use, even for charging as I go weeks without using it. The tablet is also stored in a pouch in a drawer so isn't exposed to anything
- When the headphones are plugged in it causes performance issues with the Tablet, for example videos are very jerky as well as having no audio
- I've tried resetting the Tablet to no avail
What could be causing this as it doesn't appear to be hardware because it charges and the headphones cause performance issues so must be connected in some way. In all honesty id be extremely disappointed if it were, the thing is never used and the one time I go to use it something has broken!
Hi @Mcleansc. Did these headphones come supplied with your Tab?
Hi thanks for the reply.
No, I believe they came with my Huawei P20 Pro. I thought perhaps because they weren't Samsung ones that may be the issue, but they've worked with the Tablet before which is odd.
I've got the same problem on USB-C port. Before the last update it was working fine. In addition the volume controls can operate system volume when the hedphones connected.
Just checked and I am in the same situation. Headphones are able to alter the system volume via their controls.
Surely Samsung haven't pulled an Apple and released a software patch making all non Samsung headphones incompatible? Is that even possible?
I turned on the Developer Mode then looked for the "disable USB audio routing". I changed the setting and now can use my USB-C earphones. This might make a difference? I also had checked out this helpful page entitled "Why Are My Samsung USB-C Headphones Not Working?"