Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab S8 does not connect to monitor when plugged into Dell D6000 Docking Station

(Topic created on: 21-01-2023 03:43 PM)
afiftan
First Poster
Options

Hey all,

I plugged in my Tablet S8 to my dell D6000 docking station and nothing came up on the monitors.

The mouse, keyboard and headphone connected to the docking station works well but the monitor screens are blank.

Anyone know the fix to the issue?

Thanks!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What cable are you using, not sure your setup will work through the docking station, is your monitor USB C?
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
afiftan
First Poster
Options

The universal dock is usb c. The monitors are connected to the dock by display port

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Needs to direct to monitor usbc c, otherwise the Dock and tablet can't communicate.

Recall I used to try connecting my S7+ through my dell wd Dock, into its USB or even Thunderbolt, never worked. Hence the reason I opted for a USBC monitor as for me it was more flexible and offers PD, video, audio through the same single cable.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
afiftan
First Poster
Options

Ah I see. Kinda dissapointed to hear that. Thank you for your help!

0 Likes