Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

16GB Samsung Galaxy Tab A, can I increase internal storage so I can install more apps?

(Topic created on: 18-08-2023 04:20 PM)
Figroll
Journeyman
Options

I bought this tablet in 2016 and love using it as it is so reliable,  But, has it reached the end of it's usefullness. I can't add any more apps unless I delete one. Most, if not all apps download to internal storage despite there being a 64GB external storage SD card. I save all of my photos and files on that card but can't get any apps to save on the card. 

Is there a way to increase the internal storage and if so how is it done.  

4 REPLIES 4
manu08manu
Pioneer
Options
I don't think it is possible to change the Internal storage unless you do a motherboard replacement or desolder/resolder a larger memory chip
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
You cannot change the internal storage size.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Figroll  As has been mentioned unfortunately it is not possible to increase he internal storage.   Best to check to see if any files can be removed, you may wish to back up before doing so.  It is advisable to clear cached data. You can also make use of cloud and local storage (such as Pc/flash drives)   Some information here https://geekflare.com/free-up-memory-on-android-phone/ 

In any case it is not advisable to store apps on an SD cards due to the lower speed and possible failure.   You may though wish to consider an upgrade.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Figroll
Journeyman
Options

I have done all I can to free up internal storage. When I bought the Tablet 16GB was OK for my needs but since then I find I need to use more and more apps. Ridiculous things like parking, I have 9 apps. I can't uninstall some apps that were on the Tablet when I bought them they can't be removed. They take up nearly  10GB. It should not be sold as 16GB when so much Samsung stuff is already installed,  I would move some apps to the SD card, ones like the parking ones, if I had the option. I looked at new Samsung Tablets today and was surprised to see ones with just 32GB  internal storage but it does not say how much of the 32GB is available to use after Samsung  installs it's stuff.  It is vital to know that. Why sell it as 32GB storage when 32gb is not available to use.

The 128GB Samsung tablets are very expensive so I must look for a cheaper one. Any suggestions?

0 Likes