Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option To Slow Charge Device Overnight

It would be great to have the option to slow charge overnight in order to extend the lifespan of the battery.

While fast charging is great, I personally charge my phone overnight and from my understanding, once the battery reaches 100% the battery will stop charging but due to the nature of Li-ion batteries, they will begin to drain soon after and therefore once the battery drops to 99%, charging will once again begin until it reaches 100% and this will repeat all night. 

As with all rechargable batteries, constant discharging and recharging from 99 to 100%, will degrade the battery over time.

Let me know what you think! 

Tags (1)
17 Comments
JonnyWright
Apprentice
Options

There is an option to do this, it's in Device Care>Battery - but it would be good to add this to Bixby Routines or something so it can be enabled overnight. 

mun_96
Pioneer
Options

Yes I like this idea. There can be a widget or quick toggle setting to turn fast charging on or off.

ETHAN0
Pathfinder
Options

@JonnyWright Yeah, you can turn fast charging off but it is still pretty fast. Needs a new feature with some battery/software management for overnight charging. 

ETHAN0
Pathfinder
Options

@mun_96 Yes! That's a good idea

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @ETHAN0

@Darryl1991 suggested another solution for the same problem in another topic.

So you might want to check it out and support it if you like it! 

Also, everyone please be sure to support the suggestion you like by pressing "Like"! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Jamsterdm
Helping Hand
Options

Sony do something similar to this 

Darryl1991
Explorer
Options

I don't even know what I suggested 

Pinktes
Journeyman
Options

This would be a great idea alot of folk would like this I charge my phone during the night 

TheSpudman
Pathfinder
Options

Similar when in the car... I use Maps for navigation and sometimes need to fast charge, but other times an easy option to switch to slow charging would be good. Bixby Routine would be a great idea...