Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve one-handed mode gesture

The new downward swipe for one-handed mode does not work effectively - it just makes the screen sroll.

Tags (1)
12 Comments
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Good suggestion, I thought this was me just not doing it correctly

ARamsay
Navigator
Options

I find that to do it consistently you need to swipe down then hold

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @T48 

I admit that it took me a few tries to get used to it.

But now that I am sure how it works, my consistency is 100%.

I will monitor this suggestion, if there's a lot of support for this, then I will make sure to share that with a development team, so they can take a look at it! 

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

T48
Journeyman
Options

Hi @TomaszT

Can you tell me how to get it working consistently because I am still struggling? Gestures should be easy to use and that's the whole point of them.

Maybe a double tap on the bar would work better.

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @T48 

I just gently stroke it diagonally down, a little above the bottom of the screen.

Around the spot where "Home" button should be.

This movement can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/nQY4slSLwPs?t=113

Video name: Android 10 on Galaxy S10 Plus: 10 New Features! (One UI 2.0)

Time: Around 1:53 

I do the same, but with a thumb.

T48
Journeyman
Options

Hi @TomaszT

Sorry I am still struggling to get it to work. If you have to send a link to a third party video to show someone then it is clearly not easy to use.

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @T48 

The video was just in case my explanation, of how I do it, was not enough :winking-face:

But it's not like it is necessary to watch it to learn how to use the gesture. 

I just thought it might be helpful if you are struggling with it.

I understand it might take some time to get used to it.

But of course, if there's a lot of support for this idea, I will be sure to share it with the development team! :winking-face:

Valgore
Navigator
Options

It took me a fair few tries to get used to it but I've cracked it now. It's a difficult gesture due to the down swipe being used for many other thing. I've got the setting on where you can swipe down anywhere on the home screen to bring down the notification panel and this does cause issues with the one handed mode gesture. It seems you have to get It just right. Unsure if there's some tweaking that can be done to make it easier to use or maybe a different gesture. 

Pichulec
Explorer
Options

I had to enable double tap home to get this working. Gestures dont really work for me....