Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder size/layout

(Topic created on: 18-12-2020 03:04 PM)
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Please let us change icon layouts or icon sizes for folders.
OneUI 2 and 2.5 had 4 icons across, and it was a vertical free-scroll.

OneUI 3.0 is now 3 icons across, wasted space, icons too big, and a horizontal page scroll.

I can't find a way to change it, but much preferred the 4 icons across.

Can we have layout options like we do for home screen and app screen? 

275 REPLIES 275
greenh
First Poster
Options

Registered to voice my disgust.  Huge phone, huge wasted space?

If you're going to make them 3x4 grids might as well have them pop up in 1/4 the screen space, not fullscreen.  Why not put a 1x2 grid in there next update?

Otherwise wrong direction.  I want more icons, not less.  Give me 8x8, I don't care, I'll learn them.  This 3 column BS is nonsense.

Members_kEt6ZEi
First Poster
Options

Unbelievable! 

Why on earth would you make a change like this? 

Please allow us to change it back to how it was. 

Chumley
First Poster
Options

Joining this forum like everyone else THE ICON SPACING IS TOO ***** HIGH!

**edit Samsung staring out d.a.m.n. hahaha with stars it looks like a really sweared....

AndrazKopac
First Poster
Options

Please make it adjustable or return to previous spacing.

Shant97
First Poster
Options

OMG I've found my people; I thought it was just me. This has truly irked me. I thought I was losing it like why didn't anyone report this issue in beta. I went through all of the settings and Googled to no end because I couldn't believe this feature wasn't customizable considering that's one of the major pros of #TeamAndroid. I get frustrated looking at the wasted space and huge icons everytime I open a folder.

SmilingJ
First Poster
Options
Farce. Why change? Had all my folders over a couple of pages set and efficient, now I've got dead space and have to scroll. Nonsense update!
Isaacthe1
First Poster
Options

One more!

Please make it adjustable or return to previous spacing.

Can I go back to OneUI 2.5 until that get fixed?

dinosm
Student
Options

Signed up to say the same - how on earth can Samsung have approved this? It's a horrible design, so much wasted space! My folders are 3 icons across with so much space unused, it's ridiculous. Please bring back the old, more compact design or allow users to choose a folder layout in the settings.

elcoggo
First Poster
Options

Hello, my answer to the most stupid change of the year is to change my launcher to something else. Microsoft's is quite good. So you can tailor what ever size / layout you need

Golden rule in IT change from the defaults as the supplier can change without notice. You are then screwed as in this case

Iworb
Apprentice
Options

This is one of many changes in 3.0 that I totally dislike.