Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder size/layout

(Topic created on: 10-12-2020 05:59 AM)
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

Please let us change icon layouts or icon sizes for folders.
OneUI 2 and 2.5 had 4 icons across, and it was a vertical free-scroll.

OneUI 3.0 is now 3 icons across, wasted space, icons too big, and a horizontal page scroll.

I can't find a way to change it, but much preferred the 4 icons across.

Can we have layout options like we do for home screen and app screen? 

275 REPLIES 275
afrix
First Poster
Options

I myself also joined just to complain about this.  I don't care if you give the choice for 3 across, but don't remove any option that gives the previously default behavior.

TheQueen1627
First Poster
Options

I also created a username and whatnot to specifically complain about the idiocy of this change. Here's  my issue (in addition to all the points already mentioned)... Samsung previously gave us the ability to personalize folders/icon layout. So,  the removal of said feature by sneakily rolling into an update package WITHOUT MENTIONING THE REDUCED FUNCTIONALITY is sketchy at best.

Yes we all hate the wasted space & the look of this new 3 icon layout, but we also hate that we can't change it back (when we know Samsung has the technology to allow this kind of personalization).

Options. Choices. The ability to personalize our devices- all fundamental things that make us Android people. 🤦🏽 It's a fundamental component to why we aren't all on iPhones (where device settings are rigidly determined by the vendor rather than the consumer) 😒😑

AddyJ85
Apprentice
Options

I don't know how Samsung developers consider this is an improvement, you have messed up with everyone's muscle memory here. Like many, I was also so comfortable to have 4 icons per row for each subfolder, and now it's reduced to 3 which has messed up the whole folder setup, I want to change back my phone update to previous one till this is fixed. Please help 

thatbluflame
First Poster
Options

I too joined just to say this is a terrible update and I really wish to either be able to change the size or for it to go back to what it was .

AddyJ85
Apprentice
Options

Waiting for Samsung to answer, how this is considered an improvement by reducing something and messing around with each users settings !!! Please don't be Apple (we did you follow) be Samsung (customizations) what we love about You !! I am in Pain due to this change !! wish i had never udpated

spmarrow
Apprentice
Options

I 100% agree. What a waste of space.  I too open apps by memory and now have to scroll to find stuff. So frustrating and unnecessary.

PAW19660
First Poster
Options

Just finished updating to Andriod 11 and UI 3.0.  Finally found this forum thread.

So, Samsung may consider changing it back - if enough users want it.....  How many users asked for it to be changed in this update.  This is not a new function request - it is a rollback to the layout that users had before you raised a internal change and incorporated it into UI 3.0.  Fixing this is a simple matter of backing this change out.  It is  unnecessary and was never asked for.  If it is not broken, stop fixing it.

loaibaasher
First Poster
Options

Digusting really... bring the 4 rows back and the old background color of the folder. And my notifications should GO DOWN not up when I press them on the lock screen. Also, would you be so kind and let me type my password samsund style ? I changed from an iPhone for a CHANGE, I don't want anything to remind me of iPhone. No Circular Buttons!

L_grprc
First Poster
Options

I would also like this change!! Why do the icons in folders need to be spaced so far apart? It's not as streamlined as it was before. 

I also don't like the new volume icons, but I also prefer to always keep my phone the same with upgrades only to security, processing, etc. I dislike it when app icons change and layouts change because quite frankly, most of us hate it.

Svinja
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I also made this account for post few days ago coz of the new small AOD digits, but i will sign in for this drawback also. I mean no problem, introduce new features&style but make it customazible for the users and we are all happy (devs+users+company). Samsung hear our voice!