Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMERGENCY Contacts Bypass Vibrate and Silent, as in Chosen Format

EMERGENCY  CONTACTS should be able to reach the phone owner, no matter what.  When my phone is on vibrate, silent, or Do Not Disturb, I want my EMERGENCY contacts, which includes any alternative numbers from which I may call my phone when lost, to bypass the privacy feature in the method/s I so choose.

If I want certain or especially EMERGENCY contacts' texts to pop up and/or my phone to vibrate, and/or my phone to ring at the loudest volume when on silent, vibrate, or do not disturb, I should have the option of this LIFESAVING feature.  It could also help during immediate theft.

This very day, I lived through the  LIFE  ENDANGERMENT need for this feature.  I had my phone on vibrate in my pocket, and did not feel nor hear it after half a dozen texts, and over half a dozen calls in the same hour.  One of us could have died!

Sincerely and respectfully,

Concerned J7 user

1 Comment
AnnyMouso
Apprentice
Options

An additional optional feature for this could be to add a feature that, when the phone owner does not answer, it is asked if the situation is a life-threatening emergency, and instead of going to voicemail, will cause the phone to rind loudly and constantly, enabling paramedics and law enforcement, or other emergency contacts and professionals to find the phone, and hopefully the person.  That way, even those persons *not* listed as an emergency contact can ensure the phone is heard!