Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washine Machine Instalation Incident

(Topic created on: 27-11-2023 11:22 AM)
Loz77
First Poster
Options

Last week I ordered a new washing machine directly with Samsung UK online. I also paid for premium installation.

On delivery on Wednesday evening, the delivery guys from a company called Panther,  had no idea that they had to install the machine and hadn't brought any tools. I provided them with some screwdrivers and they proceeded with the 'installation'.  They didn't even test that the machine was operational before leaving. I already have the same machine in my own house, this one is for my Mums house, so I at least know how it works. I ran a short cycle and it was fine. I didn't stay in the kitchen whilst the cycle finished as I had work to do upstairs so I didn't hear any noises from the machine. 

The surprise comes on Sunday morning (yesterday) when I put on a washing and discover that the machine was rocking from side to side and subsequently banging off the sides of the kitchen unit that it is placed in. I suspect that the feet haven't been levelled on the machine. There is also a gurgling sound when water is going into and draining from the machine. There was no gurgling on the machine that was replaced and neither is there any from the exact same machine in my house.

I contact CS by chat and they said that they would arrange for a re-installation which I was happy with. Last night, however I receive an email saying that they cant do it as more than 48 hours have passed. I cant find anywhere anything about installation problems having to be reported withing 48 hours.

I have just contacted CS by phone and a lovely young lady has told me that she will report the problem and again arrange for a re-installation. I fear, however that I am going to end up in a tug of war over this situation.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed, please? I cant physically move the machine myself to try and level the feet so that is not an option. 

Many thanks in anticipation.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AntS
Options

Hope that you get a re-installation as soon as can be, @Loz77 .  Regardless, it's definitely not the experience we'd like for Samsung customers. 😞

If you'd like the team here to look into this for you, feel free to send us a Private Message with your contact details and any relevant info (e.g. reference numbers) to our @Sam_UK  account (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597) Guide on how to send a Private/Direct Message here if you need it: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...  

You can also get in touch with us on our socials @SamsungUK - if you haven't done so already.

Loz77
First Poster
Options

PM sent. Thank you.😊

0 Likes
Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
There are stabilisation bolts 🔩 under the machine that should be removed and levels the meaning
0 Likes