Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UK Trade-In Address.

(Topic created on: 08-02-2023 10:19 AM)
Wastedagen
Navigator
Options
Hi all.

I'm trying to prepare my S22u for trade in. Its all boxed up and ready to go. All that's left is to add the label and order id/proof of purchase etc.... 

Anyone out there that is trading in, did you have to request a trade in package separately, as this is what I was just told by the samsung live chat gimmick, or does this all come automatically with the new s23u package. I would think / hope it came automatically as I selected 'trade in' during the purchase procedure. 

I did find this address on the web:

MTR Very Trade-In Unit
 12 Spire Green Centre
 The Pinnacles
 Harlow
 Essex
 CM19 5TR

And if I do have to request it, is this the correct email to request it on..... samsung@tradeinresponse.co.uk

I ask these questions as non of my emails I received from Samsung during the purchasing of the phone have given me any info on what to do with my old phone. And I certainly don't want my S23u blocked simply because I don't know where to send the old one.... 

Thanks in advance.. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You need to wait for the return label to be sent.
Will have some details on it to register your trade in with. If you don't use that and return the phone with the address you have found, its likely going to get lost I the system.
It could be a different address it's going to as well
The label either gets sent via a letter. Or gets delivered with the new device.
I've had both.
Just double check that the label you are sent is actually for the trade in and not a returns label for the new device

View solution in context

21 REPLIES 21
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
I had an email from Samsung saying that they would send return information. I suggest that you wait for this rather rhan sending to address that you have found. The return is pre-paid although last year was ordinary post. I paid to upgrade to tracked so that I got proof of delivery.
Wastedagen
Navigator
Options
Thanks.. I've had no such email yet.. But will hang on a little longer..
0 Likes
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You need to wait for the return label to be sent.
Will have some details on it to register your trade in with. If you don't use that and return the phone with the address you have found, its likely going to get lost I the system.
It could be a different address it's going to as well
The label either gets sent via a letter. Or gets delivered with the new device.
I've had both.
Just double check that the label you are sent is actually for the trade in and not a returns label for the new device
Wastedagen
Navigator
Options
Thanks for the reply..
That's a good point. I was just trying to be pro active.. Maybe too pro active....
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Usually my return pack gets sent to me automatically after receiving my new phone. This time the return label and instructions and blue bag arrived inside the brown box with my S23 Ultra, I hope this helps
Wastedagen
Navigator
Options
Yes that does thank you....
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I ordered a Tab S8 with a trade in deal recently and received the return bag and label with the tablet. I also received an email with a reference number and instructions literally just after the delivery confirmation email 👍
Wastedagen
Navigator
Options
Cheers for the info.... Seems I should be getting what I need on Friday...
0 Likes
Wastedagen
Navigator
Options
Thank you all for your replys.... Much appreciated....
0 Likes