Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in

(Topic created on: 22-01-2024 01:44 PM)
Members_nDqlGU5
First Poster
Options

I want to trade in my old phone for a pre-order S24 and as I've never used this service I'm not 100% on how it works.

Will I be without a phone whilst I wait for my trade in phone to be assessed or do I send my trade-in away once I've received  my new phone.

It would be inconvenient to be without my phone until the new one arrived but it states send the trade-in within 7days of the order, so I don't want to invalidate the trade in option.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RPB100
Voyager
Options
You only send the trade in to Samsung once you have received your new phone and the return packaging. Best to send through a tracked and insured service just in case.

View solution in context

Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Once you receive your new phone. Transfer the data from the old phone to the new one, or however you wish to set the new phone up.
Normally in the packaging with the new phone, or it's sent separately. The return details and returns lable.
Be careful not to confuse the trade in returns lable with the returns label for the new phone if you needed to send that back.

You only have 7 Days, so sending it in as soon as possible is a good idea. They won't take into account things like any issues the postal service may have.

Sign out of your accounts on the old device and the factory reset it.
I take plenty of dated pictures to show the condition of the old phone and with the screen on as well.
If you have the old box the old phone came in, you can use this to put the old phone in and put it in the returns package.
Double check you are affixing the returns label to the package. It has a unique number on the lable specifically for your trade in.

Personally I'd always pay extra for sending it. One you get them to sign for the package and I get the insurance as well.
But if you want to just use the paid for lable, that's upto you.

A good idea that @BandOfBrothers has is to film unboxing the new phone in case there are any issues. Something I might start doing as well.

With all that said. I've never had any problems sending in a trade in phone. But it's all just in case.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
RPB100
Voyager
Options
You only send the trade in to Samsung once you have received your new phone and the return packaging. Best to send through a tracked and insured service just in case.
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hey there

Once your new device has been delivered, you typically have 7 days to return the old one. This gives you the time to copy your data over etc.

As @RPB100 has said above, recommend you send you trade in by signed for / insured depending on value.
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Once you receive your new phone. Transfer the data from the old phone to the new one, or however you wish to set the new phone up.
Normally in the packaging with the new phone, or it's sent separately. The return details and returns lable.
Be careful not to confuse the trade in returns lable with the returns label for the new phone if you needed to send that back.

You only have 7 Days, so sending it in as soon as possible is a good idea. They won't take into account things like any issues the postal service may have.

Sign out of your accounts on the old device and the factory reset it.
I take plenty of dated pictures to show the condition of the old phone and with the screen on as well.
If you have the old box the old phone came in, you can use this to put the old phone in and put it in the returns package.
Double check you are affixing the returns label to the package. It has a unique number on the lable specifically for your trade in.

Personally I'd always pay extra for sending it. One you get them to sign for the package and I get the insurance as well.
But if you want to just use the paid for lable, that's upto you.

A good idea that @BandOfBrothers has is to film unboxing the new phone in case there are any issues. Something I might start doing as well.

With all that said. I've never had any problems sending in a trade in phone. But it's all just in case.
jagaaa29
Student
Options
What about if I send my old phone and for example put as a good condition but samsung decided is damaged?
0 Likes
Kathie1404
Pathfinder
Options
That's why it's best to take photos and videos of your old phone before you send it back to prove its condition should you have any issues
0 Likes
jagaaa29
Student
Options
What about if I had replace the port charger ?
0 Likes