Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade-In Timing

(Topic created on: 31-05-2022 04:35 AM)
RetiredInFL
First Poster
Options

EDIT:  SORRY, this was posted in EU SUPPORT in error  (thanks Google!) and I am in the USA.  Feel free to reply but I did repost in the proper place.  MODS feel free to remove this.

Thank you!

I received my S22 Ultra on May 26th, I sent my Trade-In S21 Ultra on the same day, May 26, which according to FedEx tracking they should hopefully have tomorrow May 31. They say it takes 5 BUSINESS DAYS to check it out which puts that on the LAST DAY of my return period.  My question is this:

What if I do not hear if my S21 ULTRA has been fully accepted for the trade BEFORE my return period is up?  I don't want to get stuck for $1000 trade they gave me PLUS have both devices.  

This really has me concerned because I just read the fine print in their trade-in FAQ (which was NOT stated on the order page) that any black spots on the screen are NOT acceptable, so I have a feeling it may be rejected for the 1 black spot (pixel ??).   The order page mentions nothing about black spots ONLY about a cracked screen.

Any experiences with trade-in and return timing issues?   

1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @RetiredInFL 

Don't worry about the placement of your post. All are welcome on the Samsung eu community forum. The Team will move your post to the appropriate boards if necessary.

In regards to your Trade In.

The Department responsible for assessing your phone will contact you if they need to discuss anything that has not passed their criteria with your phone and then present the various options available to you.

They should have a contact number or email address that you can use to contact them if you wish.

Hopefully it'll pass and you can just get on with enjoying your Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra. 👍

The Help Faqs and Term's and Conditions in regards to Trade In transactions for your region should also give guidance on what may happen if the phone does not pass their criteria.

In the UK the Faqs state " If you attempt to trade in a phone which doesn’t meet the requirements we have specified, you will have to pay a surcharge. Please see the Terms & Conditions for more details."

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "