Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in lost by royal mail

(Topic created on: 02-11-2022 02:28 PM)
gellerbing
Apprentice
Options
Has anyone had their trade in device lost by royal mail? 

I bought a tab S8 using the trade in, I posted my old device the day after receiving the new tablet using the pre paid label samsung sent me.
I thought all had gone fine, until this message popped up on my tablet. So I checked the status of my collected parcel and its saying it is still in my local sorting office and has been since 17th October, so I'm guessing royal mail has lost it! Has this happened to anyone else? What was the outcome? I'm worried about losing the ability to use my own tablet because of royal mail incompetence.

17 REPLIES 17
Pidge999
Journeyman
Options
Any Further update on this...I'm in the same boat wuth my S20 5g trade in for my S23 Ultra purchase and they're saying they'll lock!
0 Likes
CodeApe
Journeyman
Options

Mine was eventually found and refund processed. Royal mail delivered to wrong place.

0 Likes
MB089
Explorer
Options

I am exactly in the same situation now with my S23U after trading the S22U and the response from trade in team is extending the delay rather than sorting this out with Royal Mail.

How can I escalate this any advice?

0 Likes
Emzolucy
First Poster
Options
I am in this situation too but I have lost my proof of postage. I have a tracking number that shows device is in the royal mail sorting office. Samsung being anything BUT helpful.
0 Likes
CodeApe
Journeyman
Options

Mine eventually turned up. Royal Mail delivered it to the wrong place (same industrial estate).

Worth noting this isn't Samsung but their trade in partner (still not a great representation!)

0 Likes
Emzolucy
First Poster
Options
How long since posting and the device turning up?
0 Likes
CodeApe
Journeyman
Options

Felt like forever (totally get how stressed out you'll be) but it was around 2 weeks. I assume it was reliant on a kind person at the other building taking it round to be honest.

If you've got the tracking number that should be enough for royal mail to find what happened, but you have to wait a while after sending before you can send a complaint to them.

0 Likes
Emzolucy
First Poster
Options
Well it was originally 15th April I posted it. I have a tracking number but Samsung even refusing to help me investigate where the parcel might be even though I have clearly sent it. Thank you for all your information though.
0 Likes